⚡︎53⚡︎

Tom POV:

"And that's how I'm still alive...! If it weren't for Winnie sending me her leaves... I probably wouldn't be here.." I smile and scratch the top of her head.

"And... ever since then... what have you been doing..?" He asks.

"Let's see..! Well I've been remodeling the cottage, that took me about 3 years, I've added so much things just for fun so I don't sit all alone with my thoughts and I'm actually doing something productive...."

"I have crops for food... I fish... uhmmmm..."

"You really made it your own little home... are you sad to be leaving it?" He asks.

"Um... a little bit... I put a lot of work into it... it's really well built in my opinion... so... I guess so.." I frown.

"But... I'd rather have actual people to talk to so I'm not all alone anymore..  I've been so lonely." I smile awkwardly.

"Ya know I talk to all my toads in sweet little hushed voices, so I started to get scared and think once I actually meet people I'd adapt to the way I speak to my toads and talk to them like that, but I'm doing a good job right? I sound normal right?" I smile awkwardly.

"...you're fine Tom." Darius smile a little.

"Ah! And that's another thing, no one has ever addressed my name in years, so I swear to Titan I would get worried I'd forget my own name at some point, so sometimes Id talk to myself in 3rd person because I wouldn't know what to do to myself if I forgot my own name and I-"

I blush.

"I'm over sharing... I'm sorry." I blush.

"You've been alone for a long time." Darius says softly.

"It's okay to talk, normally I'd be annoyed at someone over sharing, but in your case it's understandable." Darius says.

"I.. I guess so..! I mean ooh, ooh, also hearing another voice is so interesting because I usually only hear my own voice sometimes, so hearing someone else is like so interesting and cool. Like... wow..! Other different toned and pitched voices and stuff that's amazing!" I grin.

"Oh! And also...!"

"It's so cool how you can have conversations with people, like the fact other people have completely different minds and personalities is so interesting to me because you can say something and you never know how that other person is gonna react or...

"It's so cool how you can have conversations with people, like the fact other people have completely different minds and personalities is so interesting to me because you can say something and you never know how that other person is gonna react or say back to you, so it feels like reading a story, because when you read a story it's always new input and stuff. Like, communicating is so cool, I've been so excited and waiting for the day I can finally talk to someone because nothing interesting ever happens, but when you talk to other people they can tell you stories and things from their life that you don't know about it and that's the beauty of communicating because everyone is their own individual person and are living their own stories and so when you communicate with a whole different person it's like 2 different stories talking and colliding and meshing into another whole story and it just makes things so much more interesting and then there's emotions and personalities tying into it all so every type of conversation is different revolving around the persons emotions and stuff and it's so crazy how the mind works with all that and it's so beautiful and cool at the same time because in the end it's just a nice conversation, but no one knows how crazy it is when there's so much external and internal stimuli regarding the conversation and what builds the conversation and makes it a conversation it's all just so-"