⚡︎17⚡︎

~ your home - 5 years ago ~

Once you're in your room you both have made yourself comfortable. you're sitting at the edge of your bed and Hunters sitting on a chair at your desk.

"What do you usually do when you're sick?" Hunter asks.

"I already took a nap earlier, so I'm not that tired. So..." you sniffle and shrug.

Hunter stares at you and rests his cheek on his hand.

"Do you like to draw?" You ask.

"...draw? I guess I doodle the occasional smiley face or whatever on notebook paper." Hunter says.

"Do you wanna draw together?" You ask.

"How would that work?" He tilts his head.

You sniffle and stand up off your bed and grab some blank sheets of paper and some crayons. You sit down on the floor placing the paper and crayons down. You look up at Hunter still sitting on the chair.

"Come down here." You sniffle and say gesturing him to sit with you on the floor.

He sits on the floor and looks at you.

"Okay... how about we draw eachother? You draw me, I draw you." You grin and sit on the ground.

"I can't- I don't-" He gets nervous.

"Oh come on, try it." You sniffle and push some paper to him.

You lay on your stomach against the ground and clear your throat a little.

"Grab a crayon or you can use a pencil whatever you prefer." You say.

"I'll draw you." You sniffle, and start sketching.

Hunter watches you sketch and gets nervous, he lays on his stomach against the ground with you and grabs a crayon.

"You're gonna look awful I hope you know." He rolls his eyes and starts drawing.

"Mm... I'm sure it won't be that bad." You say and clear your throat after.

He continues dragging the dragon against the paper and glances at you every now and then. You glance at him every now and then.

"So." You say trying to start a conversation.

He doesn't answer, he focuses on the drawing and just waits for you to continue speaking.

"What are your parents like? Besides being strict?" You ask.

Hunters eyes widen and he stops drawing for a moment. He actually needs to think about this.

"Uhhhh...." He sweats.

You keep glancing at him and drawing him.

"M-my.... Mother...? is... not ever home...? So... I never... see her..." Hunter says.

He's speaking really slowly, like he's piecing things together.

"My... um... Un- Father- is really... strict. It's mainly him who puts more pressure on me." He says.

"What's he want you to do? Is there a reason your homeschooled?" You look up at him and ask.

"He just says that being homeschooled won't make me distracted from my studies, so I study a lot on my own." He says.

"Um... he wants me to be in the emperors coven some day." He says.

"Oh, my stepdad is like that with Steve too." You say.

Hunters head perks up.

"Mmhm. Steve... really wants our stepdad to like him so he's been always trying to impress him and stuff too that's why he wanted to be in the emperors coven so bad." You say and sniffle a little.