⚡︎34⚡︎

~4 years ago~

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

"I'm over here..."

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

~Present time~

Hunter POV:

I could hear the commotion downstairs. The time was 6:30, the doors to the ballroom open at 7. I hadn't gotten anything to wear. Belos personally told me he would drop by my room and give me my outfit. I've been waiting and growing impatient, I was starting to contemplate going into the throne room and asking myself until...

I hear three gentle knocks at my door.

I sit up from my desk and I walk over to the door and open it. Belos is on the other end of the door.

"Emperor Belos." I say.

He doesn't have his mask on, he smiles warmly at me. I look down at his hands and I see him holding a rather fancy box.

"I apologize for my lateness... Hunter." He says.

"It does not bother me Emperor, I was sure you'd arrive eventually." I reply.

He smiles again.

"The reason for my lateness was so I could first and foremostly find it..." Belos hands the box to me.

I take it and look carefully at it. I take the top off and I see a neatly folded up outfit.

Belos smiles as I take it out and look at it.

"You know, your predecessor wore this for our last ball." Belos tilts his head and smiles.

My pupils contract in size and I stare at the outfit more thoroughly. A wave of anxiety goes through me.

"..I see." I nod and swallow anxiously.

"He was a little younger than you when he wore this, but he was always rather tall. I'm sure you'll fit into it perfectly." Belos folds his arms.

I study it and I look up at him and nod.

"We open the doors in 30 minutes. I expect you to greet the other coven heads and coven contributors. We will all be staying up in the indoor balcony above the ballroom." Belos raises an eyebrow.

"Yes emperor." I nod.

"Once you are done with that you are free to go wherever you please. I'm going to be discussing matters amongst coven heads and contributors while all the other witches dance. So unfortunately I won't be paying any mind to the ballroom. As long as all the other witches are having a pleasant time. I am as well." Belos explains.

I nod.

"Now get dressed, and meet me and the others at the balcony." Belos says.

I nod again. Belos walks off and I close the door and look more closely at the outfit.

So this was originally Tom's at some point.

I pull the rest of the clothes out of the box and like them across my bed. It's fancy, really fancy. The fabrics are probably really expensive, and I think some of this is lined with actual gold particles.

I trace the edges of it. I find myself frowning as I look at it.

Tom never told me about this.

Your POV:

Viney picked you up to go to the ball. You texted River to see if he is going to be there but he said he is not.