Chapter 23

Tickle, entice, and captivated

Throughout my life, I never pondered the sensation of physical intimacy. Honestly, I was clueless about it. My sole wish was to put an end to all the brutality and indecency that were not only unsettling but also harmful. It turned people into predators, and many became victims of its erroneous ways.

Such experiences seemed to have left a lasting imprint on my psyche and identity. Fear would swiftly engulf me whenever such situations arose. I once questioned what intimacy entailed?

How appealing is it to others? How does it transform a person? What does it feel like? Is it fear? Or is the gossip true that it's incredibly enticing?

Once more, I was ensnared by the King's kiss. I tensed up on the bed. My eyes were wide open, still in disbelief. Both my hands were trapped in his firm grip.

I let out a loud gasp when I felt the tickle again. I was unsure which exact part of my body had stopped trembling. It was unlike that night.

Due to my gasp, the King managed to completely seize my lips. He was still searching. Thirsty. But the restraint was still present. I could feel the intensity of his grip on my wrists.

From wide-open eyes, I shut them when he not only claimed my lips but also invaded with his tongue and met me. I was clueless about what transpired. I didn't know if it was me or the king.

All I knew was that it wasn't just the King's lips that were moving. Even though I was bewildered, I gradually matched the rhythm of his lips on mine, and my lips on his.

I wanted to interrogate myself. Wasn't I scared? Wasn't it because of this that I refused to converse with him? Didn't I almost confine myself to avoid encountering and even seeing his face? What is this enigma that enveloped me and instead of feeling fear, it seemed like I was yearning for more?

Due to my response for some inexplicable reason, the King's kisses became more adventurous. I also felt his weight on top of me. His grip on my wrists above my head moved down to my face, cheeks, and waist.

The King's lips further asserted their claim on mine. He sucked on my lower lip and returned in a more sensual manner. And because my hands were free, I couldn't resist touching his cheek and caressing it.

What is happening to me? Why is this?

The fear and trembling I initially felt transformed into tickles and allure as the King claimed my lips. I never imagined that the thing I once rejected and feared would make me a victim now because of every touch, warmth, and tickle given by King Adem's lips.

This is merely a kiss. I can't even contemplate what's next. I might not just crave it. Because every time the King kisses, it's like a gentle river that you would desire to see, hear, and touch the flow there. It's also the warmth that brings life to the freezing paradise.

From his cheek, my hand found strength on his shoulder, particularly when the kiss descended. From the lips, to the jaw, and down to the neck. I clung to his shoulder and found myself tugging at his hair. My heart raced as he slid down my clothing to reveal my shoulder.

I gasped anew when his lips vacated my neck. They were on my shoulder now, creating a tantalising sensation. The King's hand also began to move slowly. From my waist to the side, and then to my chest. My back arched, my eyes squeezed shut as his hand not only rested on my chest, but also shaped it with his broad palm. This elicited a sensual sound from my lips, a sound I never imagined I could make.

Simultaneously, the allure that had been gradually enveloping me ceased. Consequently, I opened my eyes and blinked twice. The person who had been tickling me earlier also paused. He stopped his moulding and caressing. It seemed we both became conscious of our current situation.

My eyes slowly widened, and he too appeared perplexed, staring at me and his hand on me. I also stared at him and when I felt his hand, which had been moulding me earlier, it seemed to recoil as if burnt.

The intoxicating atmosphere between us was replaced by a cocktail of surprise, confusion, and tension. We hastily distanced ourselves from each other. I clutched my clothing and feeling a slight chill, I realised my shoulder was exposed to him, so I quickly pulled up my clothing.

He, on the other hand, shut his eyes tightly. Annoyed, he ran his fingers through his hair, his jaw clenching as he balled his fist.

I swallowed and like him, I found myself questioning my actions. Wondering what had possessed me to allow myself to be entranced by such an event.

"Get out," he said quietly but firmly.

The King turned to me and there I saw his serious, firm yet seemingly intoxicated gaze. Despite this, he had managed to regain his restraint.

"Get out! Leave me alone!" he shouted. "Don't come back here!"

I quickly descended from his bed and fled his room because of his words. I was panting from the intense anxiety of being expelled from the King's room.

I exhaled a deep sigh. I clutched my chest. I felt drained from the events. I remembered what transpired inside his room. Unconsciously, my finger grazed my lower lip. Along with that, a faint warmth seemed to kindle on both my cheeks.

I vehemently shook my head. I attempted to steer my thoughts away, but I was powerless and the same scenario replayed itself.

"What's going on with you, Yonahara...?" I shielded my entire face with both hands.

I was unsure if it was due to embarrassment or the reality that I craved such a sensation.

"No... It can't be... Not like this," I kept admonishing myself.

I sat down and, seemingly in a daze, I slapped my now warming cheeks.

How... How did this occur? Wasn't I petrified when it came to such things? I was even fearful of anyone who dared to approach me before.

So how? Why?

Among all men, the aloof King was the first. The first to kiss, and the first man to evoke allure in me.

How did I become entranced by King Adem's intimacy?