Chapter 27

Moulding

I was at a loss, unable to fully grasp the kind of method and remedy I would need to employ to restore the King's health. Miss Valleri didn't provide any details about the training she was supposed to give me. She mentioned that the King's recovery would hinge on my actions. She said more, but I couldn't make sense of it.

I found myself in a bathhouse. Yura was waiting for me outside at the moment. I had assumed that only the King's room and the office were located in the palace's basement. I hadn't anticipated a bathhouse here, with each corridor also leading to the palace's exterior.

It bore a resemblance to the palace of Asyreum. From the bathhouse where I was situated, there was a large window. Through it, the full moon was visible, its light permeating the bathwater.

Once I was done, Yura promptly assisted me with my attire. She helped me into a thin, red garment that extended to my feet. As I sat before the mirror to arrange my hair, I couldn't resist making a comment.

I surveyed my outfit, raised my gaze, and met Yura's eyes in the mirror as she was now gently brushing my hair.

"May I ask why I'm dressed this way?" I questioned when I noticed something unusual. "Isn't this a nightgown? I can't present myself to the King in this attire."

However, even a response to my question seemed to be withheld by Yura. Instead, she merely bowed before informing me that I was ready.

I took a deep breath and glanced at the mirror once more. Seeing my reflection still filled with questions. Upon exiting, Yura and I proceeded to another room. It was hidden, as only a few knew where to locate this secret door.

An unfamiliar environment and equipment met my eyes. A spacious room, akin to the palace. Luxurious and undeniably, there was a reason for their secrecy.

A circular table surrounded by chairs greeted us. Among them was the waiting lady.

Yura left us momentarily, leaving only Miss Valleri and me in the room. She gave me a once-over and nodded. She then rose from her seat. She walked towards another room, opened it, and gestured for me to follow.

Driven by curiosity, I followed the Miss. A rectangular table in the middle greeted me. On the side of the room were closed cabinets made of sturdy wood.

"What are we going to do, Miss Valleri?"

I scanned the room we had entered. It was moderately sized, but I was still puzzled about the purpose of the rectangular table. Perhaps one of them was the large cabinet with its individual compartments.

Just like before, I received no answer.

I merely heard the door being locked. Then she retrieved something from a compartment of the cabinet. I furrowed my brow, wondering what she had taken and was now carrying. It was wrapped in white cloth. Miss Valleri placed the object she was carrying on the table.

Then she retrieved something else from a small compartment. It was a bottle, filled with a colourless substance.

Before long, Miss Valleri turned to me.

"You've probably never seen this before," she stated. "All you need to do is learn the art of moulding."

"Moulding?"

She stared at me for a few seconds, seemingly uncertain whether to proceed or not.

"Are you confident you can do it? Because the King's recovery is dependent on you. It's a simple condition but it could become complicated if not addressed."

Those thoughts were swirling in my mind. Was I capable? Would I retreat? But we required her assistance. If this was the only solution she could conceive, perhaps I needed to fulfil my role. As the queen of this realm, and as the King's ally, despite the strained state of our relationship.

I gave a slight nod and drew a deep breath.

"In that case..." With that, Miss Valleri unveiled the object on the table by removing the cloth that covered it.

My eyes bulged and I instinctively covered my mouth upon seeing the object. I shut my eyes due to the shock, not just from its origin but also its shape and size.

"Are you going to back out now?" She queried, arching an eyebrow.

"Why..." I couldn't complete my sentence. "Why does such a thing exist? Why is it so big?"

She chuckled lightly at my reaction.

"It's a custom here in Koroteya to gauge the symbolism of whoever is destined to be the King of this kingdom," she elucidated.

"Huh?"

Miss Valleri shook her head. She guided one of my hands to the object. A chill ran down my spine as I touched it. I trembled as I looked at the her.

"You need to acclimate yourself because sooner or later..." She intentionally left her sentence unfinished, knowing that I grasped her insinuation.

Moments of perspiration passed as she instructed me in the art of moulding. And while doing so, a sensation from deep within me began to heat up for reasons unknown.

"Are you prepared, Your Highness?" Harrion, who was now stationed at the King's chamber door, inquired.

I pressed my palms together to quell my shaking. Truthfully, I was uncertain. Particularly now, and with the task I was about to undertake. I couldn't assure what the outcome of my actions would be. Everything could potentially become more complex. The relationship between the King and me could grow even more distant and frosty. Or it could serve as the key to us maintaining a civil relationship... I was clueless.

And now, there was no alternative to restore everything to its normal state. I inhaled deeply and signaled to Harrion.

"The Queen has arrived, Your Majesty," Harrion declared within.