Chapter 40 Awakened Warrior

Andrew was also recruited, because his armor was too cool!

When he joined this crowd, Andrew did not deliberately hide his and Jay-den's abilities. He was very clear about his own strength and did not plan to pretend to be a hero or rely on other awakened students in the crowd to protect himself.

He was willing to be recruited into this awakened team for a simple reason: he could solve his urgent need for a large number of red-armored beetles, which he and the soldiers killed.

He used to be particularly afraid of others discovering his special abilities. After killing three red-armored beetles for the first time in Mingdu Garden, he didn't even dare to mention it. The scene of ice man being taken away by armed soldiers left a deep impression on him.

As the situation became more chaotic and unfolded beyond his imagination, he spent almost every day in terror. He kept striving to strengthen himself, spending half a day calculating the cost of every bit of spiritual energy, and secretly rejoicing for a long time when he occasionally encountered isolated red-armored beetles.

The original social structure collapsed in this unprecedented disaster. There was no order, no ethics. Survival and escape became the main theme of this terrifying city. Self-awakened humans gradually emerged, and he even killed one of them. This made Andrew deeply feel the drastic changes in human world rules and order. He gradually stopped caring about hiding his abilities.

"Maybe joining them temporarily will allow me to get more red-armored beetles." Andrew hoped, as he was going crazy to get more of those bugs.

This awakened guard team was all concentrated on a military truck, which Andrew guessed was for easy rescue from both the front and back. For awakened humans, as long as they leaped lightly, they could easily jump off the truck and directly engage in battle.

There were a dozen people sitting haphazardly on the truck. Andrew didn't have time to look closely. His gaze passed over these people and saw three relatively older men sitting near the front of the truck, fiercely arguing over a piece of drawing.

In addition to Andrew and the other two, there were two other men who were also summoned and joined during the large-scale transfer at Dongshen University.

Being recruited together, for ordinary awakened humans, it was far more reliable to face red-armored beetles in groups than alone.

Andrew leaned against the side of the truck. Wearing his armor, sitting on the truck bed was a bit inconvenient, so he quietly observed these people.

There were headlights installed behind the front of the truck. Although the entire truck was not very bright, it was enough for everyone to see each other clearly.

The representative who brought the five of them over squeezed through the crowd and whispered to a middle-aged man wearing glasses.

The middle-aged man glanced at the five of them, knocked on the table, and said loudly, "Everyone, quiet down, quiet down. Welcome the five new awakened warriors."

There was no applause as imagined, nor enthusiastic words of welcome. Just silence, as if the five of them were invisible.

Besides being curious about the term "awakening warrior," Andrew didn't have any particular feelings. Everyone was unfamiliar with each other, and trust was difficult to establish in such a highly tense situation of escaping for their lives.

The middle-aged man pushed his glasses up his nose and said seriously to the five of them, "Since you have decided to join the Awakening Guard, there are some things we need to know about you, and of course, we will let you know some things as well."