Chapter 42 Testing

"I am Zhong Nan! Captain of the Awakening Guard, time is precious. We will start the test from the right side, one by one," the man said as he walked, followed by a team member holding a large piece of red-armored beetle's armor's armor.

Andrew carefully observed him. He was slightly taller, with a strong physique, wearing a black coat. He walked with a confident stride.

Zhong Nan stopped in front of the five of them and said seriously, "Today's test is just a rough assessment to confirm your identity as an Awakener and give a rough evaluation of your abilities. In future battles, I will revise and provide you with suitable treatment based on your true strength."

Seeing that no one objected, Zhong Nan revealed the red-armored beetle's armor behind him and explained, "The energy inside everyone's body is precious, so the testing method is simple. Each of you will showcase your abilities in a normal combat state, but you only need to attack this piece of armor once. Based on the damage to the armor, we will make a rough judgment."

Andrew had already learned from others that these awakened warriors didn't break through the red beetle's defense layer with a single strike like he did. They often needed to attack many times in order to break through the defense layer.

Zhong Nan's method not only minimized the energy consumption for the testers, but also allowed them to make a rough inference about their abilities based on the strength of their attacks.

The testing was conducted on the truck, with people everywhere and no empty space. Other team members stood up one by one and gathered towards the front of the truck, some even sitting directly on the front.

The first to be tested was Jack, who had always been the most proactive.

Two team members firmly held the ends of the armor, while Jack twisted his body like a god, leaving Andrew dumbfounded. With a loud shout, he unleashed a ring of fire from his palm, slicing heavily onto the red beetle's armor. The two team members involuntarily took half a step back to stabilize themselves.

Illuminated by the headlights installed at the back of the truck, a deep slash mark could clearly be seen on the armor. Jack was satisfied with the result and happily said to Zhong Nan, "Captain, what do you think of my move?"

Zhong Nan nodded and briefly said to the girl responsible for recording, "Pass!"

The captain's reaction was flat, which made Jack a bit deflated, but he could only stand aside helplessly.

Next up was Mantra. Andrew felt that his ability was somewhat similar to the Fourth Miss he had killed before. Both used pistols to unleash their abilities. According to Zhang Zicheng, this kind of ability would be their focus of research, aiming to enable ordinary firearms to utilize some kind of dark energy to deal with the insects.

Mantra's bullets burned a visible large pit on the armor, but they couldn't break through. Zhong Nan still said, "Pass!"

Now it was Jay-den's turn, but there was a problem. He had already exhausted his ability and couldn't shoot ice arrows anymore. Andrew pondered for a moment, then pulled Jay-den, who was already feeling embarrassed, and said, "He has already used up his energy, so he can't do the test for now."

Jay-den nodded, confirming the situation.

Zhong Nan frowned, about to speak, when a few teammates sitting at the front of the car, who had been thinking that Andrew had been lying all along, started laughing weirdly under Qin Heng's instigation. They all sarcastically said, "..."

"Dare not test? Then get out of here. This is not a place for you to freeload!"

"How can we just let them go so easily? At least..."