Chapter 173 Sealing the Purple Flame Demon Insect

The fire whiskers of the Purple Flame Demon Insect were too powerful. Originally, Andrew thought some Red Armor Beetles would follow, but after burning a few of them to death with its fire whiskers, they all stayed far back and "watched" this seemingly inevitable "internal conflict event."

Andrew's Golden Armor Beetle was also hit several times. The speed of the Purple Flame Demon Insect was indeed too fast, and its perception was very sensitive, quickly pinpointing the underground location of Andrew's Golden Armor Beetle!

If it weren't for him releasing his original energy for protection and the little tiger repeatedly alerting him to its location, this newly born Golden Armor Beetle would have likely been burned to ashes long ago.

He led the Purple Flame Demon Insect in circles, getting further and further away from the insect group, gradually out of their sight. Step by step, he lured it to his carefully arranged huge pit.

Andrew had to quickly settle the battle in the huge pit, capture the Purple Flame Demon Insect, otherwise, once the insect group received the command from the Purple Flame Demon Insect, they would all swarm over, and there would even be a danger to his life!

The moment the Purple Flame Demon Insect chased into the huge pit, Andrew shot out like an arrow. The ice-collapsing talisman prepared in advance was immediately activated, killing towards the Purple Flame Demon Insect.

At the same time, he made the Golden Armor Beetle burrow underground again with the little tiger, plunging into other pits to fight the Purple Flame Demon Insect. Whether it was the Golden Armor Beetle or the little tiger, it was a matter of life and death.

The Purple Flame Devil Worm probably didn't expect a human to suddenly appear. Its raised head, wanting to roar, was frozen solid by a whole glacier. Through the ice, its final actions could be seen.

Crack!

As the first burst of power was released, Andrew, who had been ready for a long time, wielded the Thousand Defeat Sword. Twelve sword shadows merged into one, stabbing towards its mouth with thunderous force, aiming to break a gap there.

Then, Andrew triggered the second Ice Avalanche Rune!

He intended to not give the Purple Flame Devil Worm a chance to fight back. Although this style of fighting was a huge waste, Andrew needed to take it down before the insect horde reacted. He had to deliver a decisive blow at the fastest speed possible!

This kind of fighting style had only appeared once in Andrew's numerous life-and-death battles, during the final battle with the Fire Phoenix when escaping the City of Mist. Back then, he almost recklessly fought the Fire Phoenix, alternating between Ice Avalanche Runes and sword techniques until he exhausted all his resources.

The Purple Flame Devil Worm was not much weaker than the Fire Phoenix. Despite Andrew's thorough preparations and tight successive attacks, its fiery tentacles still managed to find slight openings and hit him, leaving deep burn marks on his battle armor.

Andrew deliberately refrained from using his already sharpened Thousand Defeat Sword to directly cut off its tentacles because he wanted to keep them intact.

So, even if occasionally ensnared by its tentacles, Andrew would immediately freeze them with an Ice Avalanche Rune, then break free from its bindings.

After the fourth Ice Avalanche Rune and the fourth sword technique release, the Purple Flame Devil Worm's aura weakened considerably. However, it could still launch attacks, with the purple flames on its tentacles still burning.

At this point, the insects summoned by it had already swarmed and were rushing towards the giant pit.

It was imperative to deal with it quickly now!