Chapter 191 Soul Shock

For the past two months, Andrew had thought it through very clearly. The limitations of the spatial passage made it difficult for him to smoothly enter the world of insects. Instead of waiting for the passage to stabilize completely, it would be better to find something left by the predecessors of the ancient books. Perhaps the predecessors had some secret method that could deceive the heavens and cross the unstable passage.

After eating Edgar's delicious insect meat soup with a little salt, everyone seemed to have a bit more vitality.

Using boiled water, Andrew and Edgar took turns to bathe, after nearly two months. Their bodies had started to stink, but their noses had gradually gotten used to the smell, barely noticing it.

Edgar had always regretted not being able to see Andrew's true face. Even after bathing, Andrew still wore his armor and cloak.

"Head south, there is a city over there. We might find a car if we're lucky. Or we could collect some gasoline from abandoned vehicles and head west," Andrew pointed to the map, telling Edgar.

"Mr. Lung, how do you know our exact location?" Edgar asked puzzled. He only went upstairs once and when he came down, he was sure of their specific location.

"The area code here shows our location. We are already quite a distance from Jinling City, the insects shouldn't chase us. Prepare some water source, as soon as there is a faint light tomorrow, we'll leave immediately!" Andrew put away the map, realizing that Edgar, a foreigner, had a blank knowledge of the geography of the country, and took some effort to explain.

"Mr. Lung, where are we heading west? Are there any key bases similar to Jinling City in the west?" Edgar asked anxiously, poking the firewood in the fire.

"I don't know. Besides, it's me heading west, not us. If we encounter human gathering points along the way, you don't have to continue risking with me, you can stay there," Andrew shrank towards the wall, squinting, assuring that there was still some time before they could see the surrounding world the next day. It was important to have enough sleep to face any unexpected situations.

"Thank you, Mr. Lung. I don't know how to thank you for your help," Edgar said sincerely. He paused and hesitated, "Mr. Lung, I just saw a strange 'plant' behind this building."

"What plant?" Andrew asked alertly. His experience in the City of Mist told him that whenever a new plant appeared, there would inevitably be new monsters in the food chain.

"It's a bit difficult to explain, you'd better go see for yourself," Edgar said strangely, his face contorted. Just a while ago, Andrew had told Edgar that the things he was looking for were not what he cared about, making Edgar think he had missed something. He searched behind the house and was shocked to find a plant he had never seen before.

Edgar held up the torch, Andrew followed closely behind, gripping the dark energy gun tightly in his hand. While Andrew might not have as much knowledge as Edgar in the era of sunlight, he had seen much more in the era of darkness, and he could smell danger!

"This is it, Mr. Lung!" Edgar waved the torch.

"Mushrooms? Giant mushrooms?" Andrew cautiously poked the umbrella-shaped plant with the muzzle of the gun, his index finger ready on the trigger, prepared to shoot at any moment.

"From its appearance, it should be a seed plant, belonging to the fungi, but the individual seems to be too large, at least over a meter tall," Edgar compared the giant mushroom to his own height, speaking in a professional manner.

"Do you think this is a result of natural plant variations on Earth, or is it something foreign like insects?" Andrew frowned, "Usually, when something foreign arrives, it always brings along fierce creatures at the top of the food chain, just like the Mist City."