chapter 8

"May I um be-" I was cut off by Bruce. "Excused? You may." He said. I got up and went into the hallway and answered the call. "Hey Peter." I didn't realize the volume was loud. 'Oh thank goodness you're alright are you bleeding, are you injured, are you being held captive?' Peter kept asking. "No I'm not and the injuries were being healed and fixed up chill out dad," I said. 'Dont dad me you were the one that went missing.' "First off not my fault second off you can yell at Doc Ock for that thirdly can you see if you can get a portal working by two of the avengers or if there was at least a way to be able to return home kinda miss you and the others," I said.

'We are trying kid.' the voice was different. "Mr. Stark?" I said. 'Yes, me and the avengers are working with your team trying to find you and get you home Doctor Strange said that there might not be a way home for you though which might be a low or high possibility of returning home.' "Alright, just do me a favor and keep Gwen safe she's my childhood friend I don't want her ending up hurt or anything else." Was all I said and hung up.

That's when I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder I slightly tensed not knowing my spider sense was going off. "Woah chill it's just me," Dick spoke. "Oh right sorry," I said and turned around to face Dick. "You might wanna lower the volume the others heard everything plus Bruce said you can live with us for as long as you would like," Dick spoke with a smile.

"If it means getting a break from crime fighting and patrols then sure," I spoke. "Well that means tomorrow we get to go clothes shopping with Barbara for you," Dick said.