chapter 21

As I gulped down the water, trying to steady my racing heartbeat, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that clung to me like a heavy blanket. The dream had felt so vivid, so real, and now it lingered in my mind, refusing to fade away.

I paced back and forth in the dimly lit kitchen, my footsteps echoing in the silence. I couldn't shake the feeling that the dream held some kind of significance, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

That's when I heard footsteps and turned around to see Dick. "Why are you up so early?" Dick asked. "I could ask you the same thing," I replied with. "Got thirsty my throat felt dry and stuff," Dick spoke. "Same here," I said and slightly looked at the ground then put the cup I had away after rinsing and cleaning it.

That's when Dick grabbed my hand a little bit. "Y/n what's wrong?" Dick said a little sternly. "I'm fine I'm going to go back to bed," I said and left for my room.

As I made my way back to my room, Dick's concerned expression stayed with me. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, that the dream had left a lingering sense of unease that I couldn't shake.

I lay back down on the bed, but sleep eluded me. My mind was restless, swirling with fragments of the dream and the strange encounter in the kitchen. I felt a shiver race down my spine, and I couldn't help but feel like there was something more to all of this.

I reached for my phone and typed out a quick message to Bruce, telling him that I wasn't feeling well and that I might need to talk to someone about the strange dream occurrence. As I pressed send, I felt a small sense of relief wash over me. Maybe talking to someone about it would help.