The hard way.

I don't know why I went to him. I really don't. It was like my own two feet gave me no choice, and led me to him.

It was something about the way he held me. The way he spoke to me. He never judged me. He too, understood the harsh words of the paper, how it felt to be judged by who your parents are.

He was there for me. Always.

No matter his words, or actions against me. When I needed him. He was there. Even when he shouldn't be. He never once let me down in this sense. In every other possible way, he let me down more ways than I can count.

But never this way. 

When I woke up in the morning, his arms were still just as tightly wrapped around me, as when I drifted into sleep.

"Awake?" I whispered.

"Now I am." He groaned. "What happen? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I yawned, picking up my phone and seeing the dreadful picture that was sent to the group chat. "FUCK."

"What?!" He shot up.

"Enzo sent a photo of us to the group chat." I threw my hands over my face.

"So?!" He sounded confused.

"So? You're holding me. We're sleeping. Cuddling." I shot him a look.

"Is that a crime?" He dryly laughed.

"It's wrong." I stood up, "Matt, I can't ever thank you enough for always being there for me, truly. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have you to go to. But if Astoria finds out about this, or" I stopped.

"Anthony. Right?" He scoffed.

"No." I automatically answered.

"You know I'm here for you. You know I how I feel about you being with him. You came to me, and not to him. That has to count for something yn." He stood up.

"Because you're my friend Mattheo!" I screamed, "you're my friend, and that is what friends do. If you can't accept that we are friends I don't know what to tell you."

"Friends." He scoffed.

"I have to go. I promise I'll talk to Enzo, Astoria will never find out, okay?" I turned and exited his room, pulling out my phone.

Ant🤍
9:21 a.m

Ant🤍
Hi gorgeous
Not mad or anything but I was promised a muffin this morning:(

10:37 a.m

Ant.🤍
I just read the paper.
I am so so sorry.
I'm here if you need to talk🤍

Me
Fuck
I'll bring you a muffin right now

Ant🤍
Forget the muffin
Are you okay?

Me
I'm fine

Ant🤍
Liar.
You can talk to me you know?
I don't pass judgment onto you, for her.
I see how the other kids look at you, talk about you.
That's not me, yn.
I'm here for you.

Me
Anthony

Ant🤍
I'm being serious
You are not her.
And you don't deserve to be treated as such.

Me
You're like, textbook perfect.
What the fuck

Ant🤍
I mean
I thought it was common courtesy
But I will take that compliment from you:)
Only you