It all fell.

I felt as if I was watching a train crash, from miles away.

I couldn't do anything to stop it, of course.

But I could watch it crash. And burn.

And when those words from Mattheos mouth hit my ears.

Boom.

I was so taken back. So stunned. Everyone at the table was. I felt Enzo's hand grab my thigh. As If he was trying to soothe me. It burned.

Physically burned.

Theo quickly whipped his head towards Mattheo, and he looked.. angered.

But my eyes were set on his.

Fighting the watering coming to my eyes. Locked on his.

He looked... different.

His eyes, more dead than usual. Like he was universes away. He was in black, all black. His hair still messy; but his clothing. He appeared together.

It was... unsettled.

"Are you fucking kidding, Riddle?" Theo quickly shot at him.

"Fuck off, Nott. Since when do you care?" Mattheos tone was short.

"That's not how you speak to her!" Theo turned his body to face his.

"Oh I'm sorry. Had a good summer then, did you? Perhaps I should show respect to your girl, then. My apologies." He had a dry laugh.

"That's your fucking girl you arrogant asshole!" Enzo was now shouting, as the entire Great Hall conversed.

"Bold assumption, Lorenzo." Mattheo scoffed, "malfoy, how was your summer?"

Me? I was still frozen. Watching the train, now engulfed in flames.

"Yn, yn I am so sorry." Enzo quickly whispered to me.

"Yn, babe?" Pansy rushed over to my side of the table. "Babe let's go." She was pulling at my arm.

"I- I" I tried. I tried so fucking hard.

"Fuck it." Enzo muttered, yanking me from my seat, "let's go pans."

They dragged me. Physically dragged me all the way up to my dorm.

"What the fuck was his problem?!" Pansy shouted to Enzo as she closed the door to our dorm room.

"I don't know?! Bloody hell, it's like he didn't even know her!" Enzo rubbed his face, "Yn I am so sorry. You did not deserve that welcoming at all!"

"Damn right she didn't! What a prick! After all she's been through! All they've been through!" Pansy was shouting.

I was mentally checked out. Staring at our floor. The same wooden floor; with the crack in it. Two inches from my bed. That Mattheo put there our third year when he couldn't control his fire ball.

"Yn!" Pansy shouted, "have you spoken to him at all this summer?!"

I quickly snapped out of it.

And then it clicked.

"He texted once." I whispered.

"Prick." Enzo scoffed.

"Saying?" Pansy quickly turned to me.

"Never to believe a word he says. And that he loves me. About a month ago." I nodded.

"You called me after it. I told you not to worry. I think I lied." Enzo muttered.

"You called HIM?" Pansy shouted.

"And Draco." I whispered.

"What the fuck, yn?!" Pansy's voice was echoing.