No ones Fault.

I sat on the edge of my bed, my whole body going through random bouts of shakes. It came back worse this time, so bad I resorted to texting Mattheo. Something I swore I would never, ever do again. It seemed like the only option now. For some reason, when the nights got really late, and the thoughts got really dark, his words were the only thing that could show me the light again.

I hated it. That I depended on him, to help me. Help with homework, or spellwork, sure. But the fact that when it all came down to it, I really needed him, to help me get out of this mental space. I hated it.

I wanted to be able, so badly to text Anthony, and have him be able to do this for me. Fuck, even Pansy, or Draco, I'll even take Theo. But, no. It had to be Mattheo Riddle. Of course. The one kid I wanted nothing to do with, because at some time I wanted everything to do with him.

Life fucking sucks.

He didn't knock, he just gentle opened the door, and closed it very quickly behind him. He stood in front of the closed door, and just stared at me, curled up on the edge of my bed. His hair was messy, but his eyes were bloodshot, like he hadn't slept in days. He had a plain hoodie on, with pajama pants. He just... stared.

He slowly walked over to me, until he was standing directly in front of me, he stared down at me before raising his hand and brushing my hair out of my face. A tear rolled down my cheek before I threw my arms around his waist. He let out a small sigh, and put his hand on my head, stroking my hair.

"It's okay. Your safe now. She can't get to you, ever again." he whispered.

I just squeezed my eyes shut, and squeezed him even harder, my breathing became rough, and I was gasping for air.

"Here, move over." he whispered, pushing my body up towards the top of my bed, and crawling in next to me. Properly wrapping his arms around me, resting his chin on my head.

"Calm down. I'm here. It's okay." He repeated, squeezing me, "She's gone, you know that right? No more articles, or kidnappings, your free. She's gone." his words echoed in my head, she's gone.

"How.." my voice was way more shakier than I hoped it be, so I took a moment, "Snape said you guided him to me. How?" I looked up at him.

"Its not important, whats important is that your safe." he tried to brush me off.

"No. How Matt?" he rolled his eyes at my nickname. I knew he hated it.

"I asked around, for some favors, thats all." he huffed.

"Not your dad, right?" I grew worried, and his expression grew cold. I felt his whole body tense on mine.

"I said it doesn't matter." I felt him adjust his body.

"I never wanted you to go to him for me, I know how h-" he cut me off.

"I'm here to comfort you. This isn't a therapy session for me. Your here, your safe, I've got you. Okay?"

"Okay." I whispered, pushing my head into his chest.

Something about his goddamn touch.

I broke the silence again after a while, "we're you nervous?"

"What? About you?" He looked down at me.

"Yeah? When no one knew where I was, we're you nervous?"

"Of course I was. But, I knew we'd find you. Or someone would. I never thought anything too bad would've happen to you." He once again, tried to brush me off.

I didn't answer, instead I feel asleep in his arms, a peaceful sleep, for the first time in a week. But like always, I woke up to an empty bed.

And an unexpected text.