I'd do it again.

I'll be honest, a shiny object caught my eye. It looked like a weird letter opener, I was interested to say the least. While I was examining the weird, tiny, mental object, it was what was under it that really caught my attention.

A letter, addressed to me.

From Mattheo.

I recognized his handwriting anywhere.

I looked over my shoulder, I knew they were expecting me back soon, I just came up here for a lighter

But the letter... it's was right there.

I fiddled with it in my fingers.

It was sealed, closed. If I opened it, he would know. I would never be able to remelt wax in time to seal it.

So I did what any girl would do.

I stole it.

I slipped it in my pocket and ran back downstairs.

"Merlin! Took long enough!" Theo laughed as I nearly threw my self off the last stair.

"Well, if Mattheos room wasn't so messy, I'd have been quicker!" I tried to distract Mattheo from how long I actually took.

I couldn't look at him, not until I knew what was in that letter. And why, he never gave it to me.

I threw my self back down on the couch, and picked up my book. The words on my pages blurred and you couldn't have paid me to recite back to you, anything on this page.

"Well, you coming?" Mattheo was standing directly over me.

My eyes met his and shivers spread across my body. The letter was burning a hole in my pocket.

"I'm not in the mood for a smoke right now, but I'll be here when you guys get back." I smiled up at him.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged, as he followed the rest of the group out of the common room.

The second I heard the door slam, I ripped the letter from my pocket.

I carefully undid the seal, and pulled out the tiny piece of parchment, and my blood turned to ice as I read it.