Liar.

You could cut the tension in the room with a knife. Actually, not a knife. Something as dull as a spoon would've done the job.

I couldn't believe the words actually coming from Mattheos mouth. The way he was challenging Anthony. Questioning him.

Given, I had given Mattheo my word that I would break up with Anthony, to give us an honest shot since we've confessed our true feelings, I was second guessing everything in this moment.

When I looked across the table at Mattheo, I didn't see the boy I was in love with. I seen the possessive, angry, evil Mattheo. I didn't like it, not one bit.

I took a deep breath and shook my head  at him, trying to show him the disappointment and disapproval. He just looked blankly back at me, and then back to Anthony holding my hand.

"What exactly are you saying then, Mattheo?" Anthony had anger in his voice, a tone I wasn't familiar with.

"Oh nothing." He let out a laugh, "just making sure yn here will be taken care of this summer. She deserves only the best."

"I assure you, that's all she gets from me." Anthony automatically answered, the heat still in his words.

I mean, he wasn't wrong. He truly only ever gave me the best, of everything.

Was I truly going to leave him for a boy who would pick fights like it was his job? For a boy who looked at things like pieces of property, instead of human beings?

I felt horrible. My head was spinning and I felt the entire night fall to shambles in front of me.

"Oh we're sure she does!" Theo, drunkenly chimed in, "shit, I'd love a boyfriend like you."

"Shut it, nott." Pansy quickly snapped, I could tell even though she didn't know what was going on, she knew it needed to end.

"What?" Theo laughed, "jealous Parkinson?"

"You. Wish." She rolled her eyes.

And just like that, the night was ruined. Due to a common factor of Mattheos reckless mouth.

"Well it's getting late, and a school night." Enzo huffed standing up, "you need help cleaning yn?"

"No! Pansy and I got it. Thank you Enzo." I smiled nodding at him, everyone getting the hint that it was time to wrap this sad party up.

"Thank you so much, I love you." Theo whispered as he hugged me on his way out.

"I'm going to make sure he gets back to his room safe." Pansy nodded at me, picking up on the fact that Anthony and I needed to talk.

I returned a quick nod back, closing the door behind them. I couldn't even look Mattheo in the face to say good bye, and ignored the text tone from my pocket after they left.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to ruin your party." Anthony broke the silence.

"Oh Merlin, no. You did no such thing." I quickly said, gathering the plates.

"I know how riddle is, I should've let it go." He huffed, helping me clear the table.

"No you shouldn't have. You stuck up for your self and me, you did everything right." I smiled at him.

"I have to ask..." my heart sunk, "you've stayed at his manor?"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Be honest.

He deserves it.

"Yeah." I tried to causally say, "last summer. They had all realized I stayed at the girls home every summer, so Mattheo extended an invite to his house. I went, we've all been friends since first year and the girls home is so... I wanted to be with friends." I bit back the memories in my head.