Chapter 5

Kim Garam, a new member joined after 2 months. She has a 10 year gap with the older member, Minha. The thing that worried Minha finally happened. In fact, it was more terrible than she thought.

The day after the youngest member arrived, she texted her sister, Minhee. Literally, letting out her nightmare to her loyal listener about having a young member in the team. 10 year gap? Knetz will get crazy when they find out about this. 5/6 year gap is still okay but 10 years? Minha was stressed. The stress wasn’t about the new girl, but herself instead. Debating her decision to debut with this age again and again. But she signed the contract, she can’t turn back time.

While other members are getting closer to each other, Garam is so timid compared to Chaewon, with an extra awkward person. She’s young, sweet, tall and she’s so pretty. She’s a high school student. She joined them to practice everyday after school.

Despite being so stressed about the big age gap, Minha is actually happy to have another sister to take care of. She can’t help but to grow fond of the youngest. She knows Garam is having trouble trying to get herself comfortable and to be close with other members, so she makes the first move to be Garam’s friend. As an introvert herself, she knows the struggle of meeting new people.

Knowing that Garam is shy and introverted, Minha often initiates conversations with her. She asks about her day, her interests, and her feelings, making Garam feel seen and heard.

Understanding that Garam is juggling both school and her idol career, Minha offers to help her with her schoolwork. She assists her with homework, studies with her for tests, and provides advice on managing her time effectively.

Minha often prepares meals and snacks for Garam, especially on free days. She makes sure Garam is eating well and taking care of her health.

Minha makes an effort to create a comfortable living environment for Garam. She ensures that Garam has her own space in the dorm, helps her decorate her room, and respects her need for quiet time. She is always there for Garam when she needs someone to talk to. She listens to her worries, offers advice, and provides comfort and reassurance.

Minha makes sure to include Garam in group activities. Whether it’s practicing for performances, watching movies together, or just hanging out in the dorm, Minha ensures that Garam feels included and part of the group.

Minha also helped to prepare her school uniform every weekend. She loves taking care of them, her precious sisters. That is why, everyone is comfortable the most with her. And it didn’t take a long time for Garam to be close with her.

***

Monday.

Garam woke up as usual, 45 minutes before the manager dropped her at the school gate. At this time, she usually can hear Minha cooking in the kitchen. She can smell something good from her room and decides to take a look at the older member.

“Good morning unnie~” she greets from behind but stops herself when she realizes someone who is cooking is not Minha.

“Oh Garamie? Good morning!” Sakura smiles at the confused girl. “Before you ask, I just wanna tell you that Minha unnie left to see the doctor 30 minutes ago. Unnie has a fever and her condition is bad. She was sorry that she couldn’t cook for you this morning.” Sakura left the kitchen, and put the nicely prepared lunch box in front of the youngest.

” Sakura left the kitchen, and put the nicely prepared lunch box in front of the youngest