Chapter 35 (TW)

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains sensitive content related to depression and suicide.

As Minha stood by the beach, the cold breeze caressed her face, momentarily distracting her from her swirling thoughts. She took a deep breath, trying to find solace in the peacefulness of the surroundings. Yet, her mind was still consumed by thoughts of Kazuha and the possible reasons behind her recent behavior.

Frustrated by her inability to find answers, Minha let out a bitter chuckle, a mixture of longing and confusion

Frustrated by her inability to find answers, Minha let out a bitter chuckle, a mixture of longing and confusion. The absence of Kazuha’s presence felt like a void in her heart, and every moment reminded her of their missed time together.

She absentmindedly rubbed the silver ring on her finger, a symbol of their connection, hoping that Kazuha felt the same longing and missed her too.

“Come on, brain. Work like you always do,” Minha muttered to herself, her voice tinged with frustration. She yearned for clarity and understanding, desperate to uncover the root cause of Kazuha’s withdrawal.

Just as she was about to open a text message from Yunjin, her phone died, adding another layer of stress to her already troubled mind.

“Fuck,” Minha muttered, realizing that she had left her charger in the studio. The inability to charge her phone meant she would be disconnected from the world, unable to receive any updates or messages. With a sigh, she decided to embrace the temporary freedom from technology and focus on finding peace within herself.

Walking closer to the beach, Minha braved the cold breeze that sent shivers down her spine. Despite the chill, she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be enveloped by the soothing sounds of crashing waves and the gentle touch of the wind. It was a moment of respite, a chance to clear her mind and reflect on the situation with Kazuha.

Lost in her thoughts, Minha began to question herself once again, contemplating the possible reasons behind Kazuha’s behavior. “Maybe I was too consumed by my job and neglected to spend enough time with her. Or perhaps I forgot to ask about her condition. Or maybe... she just needs me,” Minha mused, her mind racing with assumptions and possibilities.

She clung to the silver ring, seeking comfort in its presence, hoping that it would serve as a reminder of their love and connection.

Leaving the studio behind for the day had provided Minha with a much-needed break from the pressures of work. She realized that she had been neglecting her own well-being, spending too much time immersed in the studio.

This moment of self-reflection allowed her to acknowledge the importance of balance and being present in her relationship with Kazuha.

As the waves crashed against the shore, Minha made a silent promise to herself. She vowed to find a way to bridge the gap between her and Kazuha, to communicate openly and honestly, and to prioritize their relationship amidst the demands of her career.