Chapter 88

Heejun stood outside the Hybe building, his gaze fixed on the entrance. He knew he couldn't enter the building, but he hoped to catch a glimpse of Minha. He had been observing Minha's car entering the building earlier in the day, and now he positioned himself near the exit, waiting for her car to emerge from the basement parking.

Heejun's appearance had drastically changed since the last time he saw Minha. He looked disheveled, as if he had been living on the streets for weeks or even months. His hair had grown longer, adding to his unkempt appearance. Both physically and mentally, he seemed miserable.

It was almost 10 pm when Heejun saw Minha's car leaving the basement parking. Without a moment's hesitation, he seized the opportunity. He swiftly retrieved a baseball bat that he had concealed within his clothes, hidden up his sleeve. With a powerful swing, he struck the driver's window, causing it to shatter into countless pieces. Determined and fueled by his emotions, he continued to relentlessly smash the window, paying no mind to the spectators who had gathered around him.

The security guards from the Hybe building swiftly recognized the situation and approached Heejun, firmly restraining him. As they held him tightly, he struggled against their grip, his voice filled with anger and desperation. "Let me go! Let me continue! I want to make her pay for ruining my life! Let me go, you dumbasses!" Heejun shouted, his words echoing through the chaotic scene. Despite his fervent protests, the security guards, who were bigger and stronger, remained resolute, ensuring that he could not break free.

Inside the car, Yunjin tightly gripped Minha's arm, her face filled with worry. "Are you okay, unnie?" Yunjin expressed, her concern evident.

Minha reassured her, her voice carrying a mix of disappointment and resignation. "It's okay. He can't do anything anymore."

Heejun can't change. He keeps blaming and pointing fingers, refusing to acknowledge his own mistakes, Minha thought to herself. Despite the situation, she couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

Minha instructed Yunjin to stay in the car and got out herself, surveying the aftermath of the broken window scattered on the road. One of the security guards approached her, expressing concern. "Are you okay, Minha-ssi?" he asked, noticing the cuts on the artist's face. He explained that they had seen Heejun lurking around the entrance earlier in the day and had reported it to the management. However, they had not expected him to appear at the exit.

Heejun, still filled with anger, directed his blame towards Minha once again. "What are you looking at?! As long as I live, I'll have plenty of chances to come after you. You ruined everything. It's your fault that I've become like this!" he shouted, continuing to place the blame on Minha.

Minha's expression remained dull and devoid of emotion. She felt nothing at all. "I had hoped for you to change, but you've shown me that forgiveness is no longer an option. And I won't look back anymore," Minha declared, her voice devoid of any emotion.

The security guards now realized that the man they were holding was Minha's father. The sound of a police siren could be heard approaching them. One of the guards addressed Minha, giving her the option to handle the situation differently, considering it was her father. "Shall we proceed with the law, Minha-ssi?" he asked, leaving the decision in her hands.

Minha responded firmly, "Yes. Let the law decide what to do with him. But I don't want to get involved." With that, Minha returned to her car, and the security guards understood her wishes. They knew what needed to be done, and Minha left the scene immediately.

The sudden attack by Heejun shocked the fans who saw the footage that had gone viral on social media. Many of them expressed anger and frustration at the fact that Minha was attacked. Some were upset that Minha seemed to have inadequate protection, while others were angry that Heejun had resorted to violence despite the previous rumors.