Chapter 92

Jade returned to Sohee's house, finding the family members gathered in the living room, their faces filled with confusion. They had just returned from the hospital after Sohee's appointment. Minhee was the first to speak up, asking Jade what was going on.

Taking a deep breath, Jade began to explain, "Something happened while you guys were away. I believe this belongs to you, Mrs. Sohee." She handed the bracelet to Sohee, who recognized it immediately.

Sohee wondered how Jade had obtained the bracelet, as it had been given to her by Minha after their first meeting with Kazuha.

Jade continued, her voice steady, "I took this from your ex-husband's pocket. It seems like he stole it from your room. I found nothing else other than this. But don't worry, he has already left. He won't come back here again, I can assure you of that." Despite Jade's reassurance, she could still see the lingering worries in their eyes, likely concerned about Minha and Kazuha.

Minjun, looking around, asked about Minha and Kazuha's whereabouts, noticing that Minha's car was still parked outside.

Sohee's worry began to surface as she asked if something had happened to them.

Jade's gaze shifted towards the stairs, contemplating her response. "Both of them are resting upstairs. Nothing serious, just some small cuts. There was a minor altercation between them before I arrived," Jade revealed, causing shock to ripple through the family.

They were about to head upstairs when Jade intervened, stopping them in their tracks. "Not now. Zuha is still in shock. Let her stay with unnie. They will come down once they feel better. You have my word," Jade assured them with a small smile, hoping to alleviate their concerns.

In Minha's room, Kazuha sat on a chair next to the bed, completely exhausted from the traumatic events. Overwhelmed, she eventually fell asleep, still holding Minha's hand tightly. The memory of Heejun's grip on her neck lingered in her mind, a painful reminder that would take time to erase.

Meanwhile, Minha slowly regained consciousness after nearly six hours of being unconscious. Blinking her eyes a few times, she felt a throbbing pain at the back of her head. Wincing, she reached back to touch the area, confirming the source of her discomfort. The memories of Kazuha were clear in her mind before everything went dark.

Sitting up in bed, Minha turned to her right side and saw Kazuha sleeping in a sitting position in front of her. Her gaze shifted to the cuts on Kazuha's lips, a visible sign of the ordeal they had both endured. Minha's trembling hands gently caressed Kazuha's face as tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm so sorry... I couldn't protect you," she sobbed, feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt.

The image of Heejun's hand on Kazuha haunted her, and she regretted that Kazuha had been dragged into her family's troubles.

Minha's crying escalated into loud sobs, waking Kazuha from her slumber. The sight of Minha in such vulnerability was difficult for Kazuha to bear. Without uttering a word, their eyes locked, and they embraced each other tightly. Minha's cries were a manifestation of her perceived failure to protect Kazuha, while Kazuha cried for witnessing Minha's abuse. Both of them were consumed by pain and anguish after what they had endured.

Minha clung to Kazuha, refusing to let go, as regret and anger coursed through her. Her tears flowed uncontrollably, a release of pent-up emotions. She had never cried this much in front of Kazuha before; the fear had overwhelmed her.

"I'm so sorry. You got hurt because of me," Minha sobbed, her body shaking with each outburst. "I was scared that something bad would happen to you. I won't be able to forgive myself," she confessed, her voice choked with emotion. "You're everything to me. I love you so much," Minha added between sobs.