Chapter 40

Another meeting for the girls but with only Bang PD in his office. They never had a meeting with only  the chairman in their whole career.

“Take a sit girls.” he approached them from his desk.

The girls bowed politely as they sat on the couch.

“I’m sorry for the sudden request for this meeting. But... it’s about time for you to be updated regarding the incident. I owed you an explanation about everything. So before we release a statement, you deserve to know first directly from me.”

They are looking at each other except for Kazuha who hates the incident. She still remembers everything clearly, even the sound of the gunshot. It changed her a lot.

“After what happened that night, the security team managed to catch him. Although we were late to stop him...”

Kazuha closes her eyes, as she remembers Minha collapsed in her arms.

“He’s found guilty by the law and from the previous investigation by our team, he is actually ShinAe’s friend. Who helps ShinAe to take revenge. From the police officer who handled this case, they said, ShinAe paid him to kill any of you. So Minha was actually not the main target. She just happened to be standing close near him that night. Because of this incident, both of them are now in 5 years sentences for charges relating to their involvement in this issue. Of course, we will release a statement about this tomorrow.”

Yunjin held Kazuha’s hand under the table. She knows it must be stressful for her to know about this.

“Does that mean, our safety is secured?” Chaewon asked for confirmation.

Bang PD nodded with a fatherly smile on his face. “After a year, I can finally confirm this. I’m sorry for taking too long. But we can only confirm this after the trial.”

With this news, they are relieved to know that ShinAe will never be the threat for them anymore. But they are actually waiting for another news instead of this.

“But PD-nim..what about Minha unnie?” Eunchae bravely asked, and the rest of the girls are nervously looking at her right now.

The news about Minha was never released after that night. None of them knows any update about her. Throughout the year, HYBE LABELS and SOURCE MUSIC are getting a lot of hatred of not updating about Minha. Even the girls are waiting for him to explain about this.

But today, Eunchae is brave enough to speak despite her shy character. “We know nothing about unnie. But we believed, that she was still alive. That is why, we remained strong waiting for her to come back. Even if she- won’t come back to the group, we wanted to know the update.” maknae looked down on her knees, when sadness started to take over herself.

“Eunchae-ssi...thank you for asking. It took a lot to say that right? I know everyone is feeling the same all these past months. And I’m happy to say that I am proud to have you girls here. She created a strong bond in this group and I can see that.”

The girls held each other’s hands, waiting for the chairman to finish.

“Honestly, I can’t update you with the details. But obviously, Minha will come back.”

The girls gasped, and he continue.

“She went through a lot after the incident. It wasn’t easy for her to come back, so that’s why she took longer than what we expected. For now, we don’t have a schedule for her yet. But all the brands who signed with her in the past, are getting good news as well. Which means, she will make her first appearance to the public soon. I want you to look forward to that day.”