Chapter 44

The next day arrived, and the atmosphere at the meeting between Chaewon and the management was tense. The room fell silent as the footage from Minha’s dash cam and camera played on the screen, revealing the horrifying events of the previous night.

 The room fell silent as the footage from Minha’s dash cam and camera played on the screen, revealing the horrifying events of the previous night

Chaewon, already emotionally fragile, couldn’t hold back her tears during the meeting. She blamed herself for being unaware of the dangerous situation when she had willingly entered Donghyeon’s car. The weight of her innocence and naivety pressed heavily on her heart.

Each tear shed by Chaewon was a painful reminder of what could have happened if Minha hadn’t intervened. Her swollen eyes bore witness to the emotional toll she had endured.

The management took swift action, ensuring that representatives from Donghyeon’s company were present as well. The decision was made to handle the situation discreetly, protecting Chaewon’s identity as the victim.

Just as Minha had predicted, Donghyeon’s career was now on the brink of destruction due to his own foolish actions. Even his company, unable to defend him any longer, made the decision to terminate his contract after the police report.

After the meeting, Chaewon left the room, her steps heavy with exhaustion and emotional turmoil. As she made her way back to the empty practice room, her lack of sleep took its toll, causing her to lose her balance.

Just as she was about to fall, strong hands instinctively reached out and grabbed her waist from behind. The familiar scent of perfume filled the air, instantly revealing the identity of the person who had caught her.

A weak smile formed on Chaewon’s face, though it remained hidden beneath her hair. Overwhelmed by fatigue and emotional strain, she lost consciousness in the comforting embrace of that person.

***

Chaewon lay peacefully on the pristine white bed, accompanied by Minha, who had come to the company to learn the outcome of the meeting between HYBE LABELS and Donghyeon’s company.

Unbeknownst to anyone, Minha had stood outside the meeting room, listening intently to every word.

After the meeting concluded, she had followed Chaewon from behind, witnessing her stumble and rushing to catch her before she lost consciousness.

Now, Chaewon lay sleeping, her treatment complete. It was clear that she simply needed rest.

Minha stood up, gently fixing Chaewon’s hair to the side, revealing her forehead. “I hope you can stop blaming yourself,” Minha whispered softly, her words filled with a mix of concern and reassurance. With one last glance at Chaewon, she left the room, allowing her to rest and recover.

News of Donghyeon’s company terminating his contract and the police report quickly spread, capturing the attention of the public. He was seen leaving the building, his face shielded from the relentless flashes of cameras. Regret was evident in his demeanor, a consequence of his actions the night before.