19: Just when you thought......

*Tuesday*

Stella

Robin left yesterday around eleven at night, and I went straight to bed. I was so happy that I went to bed with a smile on my face. I stared in the mirror this morning while gettin' ready for school, rubbing my lips. These lips has been on Robin's and I couldn't stop thinking about it. My mom came home last night and told me she was taking a couple days off work to spend time with Bella in the hospital.

"Ma do you have some money, I need bus fare." I asked her before she got done getting ready.

"Check over there in my purse." She told me. I grabbed her purse and checked inside, I found some singles and stuffed them in my pocket. I seen a letter that was from my dad, it was to my mom and it was dated a week ago. I unfolded it and read what it said:

'Vicky I always loved you from the first day we met in elementary school, I knew you was the woman I wanted to marry and have a family with, you loved me no matter what and I am truly grateful for it. I don't want to hurt you anymore or the girls, so I'm leaving.....I didn't stop loving you but I care to much about you to continue this lie I've been holding on too. Tell the girls I love them and I'll always be here for them and you as well, but I think it's better off if we end things while we're on somewhat good terms....I love you Vick'

I was beyond hurt and felt so betrayed by my mom, she was walkin' around here like shit was cool and she knew all along dad ain't comin' back. I put the note back in her purse before she came back in the room, but took a picture of it first on my phone. I stormed into the kitchen where she was making coffee.

"Mom! Where is daddy and tell me the truth!?" I yelled before tears leaked from my eyes.

"Lil girl why are you yellin', and I told you he said he was going away for a few days for work." She nervously sipped her coffee, I could tell because her hands trembled a bit.

"No, you said a few weeks....mama stop the lyin' okay, I saw the letter in yo purse...I know y'all gettin' a divorce..."

"I didn't want y'all involved okay Stella shit!"

"Mama we is involved! We was gone be involved whether you wanted us to be or not! What you was just gone wait months to finally tell us, or let us find out on our own when years rolled by and he still wasn't here?"

She started to cry softly, "Stella, whatever you wanna believe it's up to you, but just accept the fact that he's gone."

"Why? What happened?"

"Nothing happened...marriages end and it's normal."

"Well it's not normal for y'all, I noticed he ain't been here in months...so somethin' must been up mama, you should tell me now."

"You're gonna be late for school." She said lowly.

"I DON'T CARE MAMA!" I screamed and she jumped lightly from being startled.

"What you want me to say Stella!? He left me for somebody else! OKAY! There you go.....I'm not good enough anymore! So it's done....are you satisfied now?" Her eyes were turning red from the tears and I reached over to hug her. She cried heavily on my shoulder. I will never forgive my dad for this...NEVER.

"Mama it's alright, just gone over there to Bella...and tell her mama." I rubbed her back gently.

She sniffled and wiped her nose, "Yeah you right, I am. You just gone to school." She kissed my forehead before I walked out the house and headed for the bus stop. I sat at the bus stop staring as the cars rode past me. I ain't wanna believe that my daddy left my mama for some other bitch...I ain't wanna believe that at all. Then that weak ass letter he wrote her, but I would like to know what he meant by he ain't want to hurt her anymore, like he cheated before or something. It was so much that me and Bella ain't no that was goin on in our own home. Guess I've been just to crazy about Robin and she was to busy gettin' busy with Preston. The bus finally came and pulled me outta my thoughts. Corey was sittin' in the back and smiled at me when he saw me get on. I gave him a faint smile back.