66: Solving the crime

*Thursday*

Jayla

Helping Quan kidnap Stella Tuesday was worth it. He gave me the information I needed to get justice for my cousin. Me and Quan go way back. He was a senior at NCA and I had fallen in love with him every since I seen him at the football he played against Eagle High. I sat in the stadium cheering for Robin of course but Quan was on my mind. I even went to the lil after party after the game to try and get closer to him. But everybody kept saying that he was to busy trying to get closer to some freshman girl who went to his school. After that was dead and gone he finally came around to me and we hooked up every chance we got. I didn't feel bad about cheating on Robin because I was young and just wanted to have fun. Plus at the time the only thing he cared about anyway was football so I found attention else where. I'm over Quan now or whatever but just knowing that all this time the girl he's been after was Stella is getting under my skin. I swear this bitch is just everywhere and I'm tired of being in competition with her, just thank God that Robin finally got over her ass and I hope Quan take her ass far away.

"Jayla!?" My mama came bangin' at my door.

"What!?" I answer popping the C.D back into my laptop.

"Come out here...we have company." She told me. I rolled my eyes getting up from my chair. My heart stopped once I made it to the living room.

"Daddy!" I ran and hugged him.

"Hey Princess, how's it going?" He squeezed me.

"I've missed you so much....have you heard about Adi?" I asked still in his arms.

"Yeah, that's hard news to take in. Have you been alright?" He lifts my head up to meet his gaze but I just nod.

"So Manuel....are you here to stay or what?" My mama's voice cracks like she's on the verge of crying.

"Well Beatrice....I am actually off for a few days, so yes I'm here to stay." I wrap my arms back around him. It's been months since I seen my daddy, honestly we all know that whenever he says that he's going on a business trip that means he's going to cheat on my mom but I don't care, I still love him. "Where's Princess?" He asks about Victoria.

"She's in her room. VICTORIA COME DOWN STAIRS RIGHT NOW!!" My mama yells to the second floor. In a matter of minutes she emerges and stands at the balcony over the living room.

"What?" She answers and I just roll my eyes. See I'm a daddy's girl and she's a mommy's girl.

"I told you five minutes ago that your father will be home and you need to be down here."

"I'm not going to put on some fake smile and pretend I'm happy to see him, because I'm not and neither are you."

"Victoria stop being so dramatic!" I wanted to whoop her ass.

"Why aren't you happy to see me?" My dad lets go of me and walks closer to her.

"Because there's no point, you come home for a day and leave on another 'business trip' for months. Sending us gifts or money every time you're gone doesn't make up for the time you not here."

"Princess I'm home now and-" His phones start to ring. "Hold on, I gotta take this." He rushes to the kitchen.

"I'm sure it's one of his mistresses." Victoria stated and my mama glared up at her. I went to the kitchen to ask daddy about Adison's funeral when I heard a little bit of his conversation.

"Reyna I thought you moved on......NO you can't just decide when you wanna be a mistress or not to be!......Yes I'm home with my family, decide whether or not you want me to continue seeing you or if you wanna move on, but trust me I am not going to chase after a hoe okay?" He violently ends that call, tossing the phone over on the counter. He didn't notice me until I walked all the way into the kitchen. "Oh hey Princess, what's up? Where do you wanna go for dinner later?"

"I don't know daddy, but I wanted to ask you about Adison's funeral." I rub my hands together nervously.

"Awww sweetheart, don't worry she's gone have the nicest funeral ever. Your mom will be in charge of all of that alright, don't worry." He comes to hug me.

".....Who's Reyna?" I asked while we hugged and he quickly let's me go.

"She's uhh one of my secretaries out of state, don't let what Victoria said get to you okay?" He brings me into another hug and all of my worries washes away. I love my daddy whether or not he was some cheating bastard.

"Alright well....I have homework." I lie so I can get back to my room and finish trying to figure out what happened to Adison. He kisses my forehead before I go back to my room. I watched the video over ten times from beginning to end and I could barely figure out who the crooks was. All I knew is that it was two females and one had a baby. But my question was who would Adi be there to kill? She was there to kill the girl with the baby but the other girl shot her before she could.....The only girl I could imagine Adison wanting to kill is.....Bella. So now all that's left is figuring out who was there with Bella, the girl who shot Adison. I grab my phone.

"I need your help....again." I say after Quan picks up the phone.

"You get only one."

"Quan come on....."

"As much as I love hearing you beg, that's not going to move my decision."

"So you're seriously not going to help me find out who killed my cousin?"

"....Did you help me find out who killed my son?" I sighed.

"That was four years ago! I was fourteen, I was scared Quan!"

"Yeah well now you think about that, while you try and figure out who killed your cousin." He disconnects the call. I am outraged that he still blame me for what happened to his two year old son all those years ago. But I couldn't dwell on that right now I got bigger problems.