32: Fatal Murder

COMMENT . VOTE . FOLLOW ME . :)

*Friday Night*

Jayla

"Damien I thought I told you to go in the back with her, not shoot her right in front of everybody!" I punched him in the arm as we made our way back downstairs.

"I did what I had to do, what you mad for?" He grabbed my waist and kissed me.

"This is not the time for that move!" I pushed him away and made my way downstairs. Everybody stood over her lifeless body, I couldn't help but think the deed was done and I finally had my revenge.

"Did anybody see anything!?" I asked and nobody spoke up. I had to act natural so I paced back and forth tryna look like I was just as innocent as anyone else. But I caught Stella glaring at me like she knew what was up. I swear I couldn't stand that bitch, she lucky she wasn't the one I put a hit on. I searched around for Robin but he was no where in sight. Shit! The last thing I needed was for him to be a suspect in any of this so I texted him. I felt a cold grip on my arm.

"Jayla what the fuck is goin on!?" Lola panicked. I ain't really let my girls in on the plan because I know these two gossiping bitches couldn't hold water.

"Nothing, where's Le'Maysia?" I asked pulling her to the side.

"I don't know she went to look fo you and never came back." ARGH! I didn't need her gettin' into no trouble for this shit either. I expected her to be right with everybody else so who ever would be missing would never got caught because it's like over five hundred people here but of course shit never go my way.

"Look Lola just go back with everybody else, you look any kind of suspicious and you become a suspect, I'm lookin' out for you a'ight?" She stared into my eyes and I could see the fear in hers.

"Why you had to kill her though?" The tone in her voiced almost caused attention.

"Lola shut up this is my business you just go before you become apart of this and keep your fucking mouth shut!" I screamed lowly at her. She was pathetic as fuck! When ever it came to gossip you could pretty much expect these tough ass bitches to know it all but somebody get kilt at a party they at and they ready to take it to the police. Speaking of Police I heard sirens outside and within minutes they came in with some paramedics ordering everybody out. I was on my way when one officer stopped me.

"Excuse me, are you Jayla Hartford?" He asked

I ain't have shit to hide, "Yes can I help you?"

"You're the host of this party meaning you're the main person for questioning until we have more clues on who killed the victim."

"Well I don't have anything to say about any of it." I spat.

"Oh I think you do." He pressed before walking to the crime scene. I found Damien chilling by his car.

"Glad to see you so calm about things." I walked over to him.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"The police wanna take me in for questioning."

"You're the host baby girl of course they do." He smirked. "Plus you innocent so nothing they could do to you."

"Yeah...I guess you right." I spoke slowly as I watch the paramedics carry out the dead girl in a black body bag. I almost felt bad for her.

"Well that's over with, you coming back to my crib for the after party?" Damien asked opening up the door to his car.

"Bye Damien." I swear sometimes he urks me. I searched the crowd for Robin but he was no where in sight.

"Excuse me Ms. Hartford we would like to take you down to the station." Another officer informed me.

"Fine but I'm driving my own car, last thing I want is for people to see me gettin' in the back of a police car like I'm guilty." The officer nodded and I made my way to my Chevy Volt. I pulled up to the station and they took me into the interrogation room.

"I'm Detective White and this is Detective Anderson we will be covering Ms. Byers case, so by the looks of it this was your party?" She asked.

"Yes it was." I answer honestly.

"Alright and did you invite Ms. Byers?"

"No, my best friends created the invitations and sent them out to people they knew, and it spread...."

"Who are these best friends?"

"They have nothing to do with this."

"Not what we asked you Ms. Hartford, technically everyone who was there is a suspect."

I hesitated but then thought it might make them look guilty, "Lola Torres and Le'Maysia Harris." Detective White wrote down the names and looked through some files.

"How long have you known the victim?"

"Ummmm I don't know ninth grade." I shrugged.

"Any altercations in the past between the two of you?"

"Nope, she stayed out of my way and I stayed out of hers."

"Could you think of anyone who might have wanted her dead?"

"Well she was pretty close to this girl named Stella Mitchell and she was at my party as well, one day they got into a huge fight and never saw them together again."

"Do you think that she would be capable of murdering Ms. Byers?"

"I mean she looks sweet but I think she's capable of anything." I smirked.

"Alright..." She said as she scuffled through more papers, "Ms. Byers was said to have had a sexual relationship with a boy named Charles Campbell, could you confirm that?"

"Brit was the whore of the school she probably had a sexual relationship with plenty of guys, but yes I could confirm that. His girlfriend found out and they got into a fight at school one day."

"Girlfriend's name?"

"Kelsi Olsten." I wasn't hesitating to give out as many names as possible to get the blame off of me.

"What about Mr. Robin Griffins, we were told they were involved?" I laughed.

"Oh absolutely not, he's my boyfriend and I can tell you right now that they were nothing more than her little fantasy."

"...That's all for today Ms. Hartford you are free to go." They dismissed me and I jetted out of there as quickly as I could. I quickly dialed Damien's number once I was safely in my car.

"Yo?" He answered.

"I just got questioned I gave them some names of some people I think they might be interested in to keep them away from me for awhile."

"Good looking."

"That don't mean we in the clear Damien, what'd you do with the gun?" I whispered still afraid somebody was listening.

"Don't worry, just stay off the radar hit me up tomorrow." He hung up. I held the phone close to my chest and inhaled deeply. I was more then determined to get away with this.