6 New PC

Part 6 New PC

Arnav was surprised to see Khushi's name on the list instead of Rejoice's name. So, Khushi must be Rejoice and Rejoice would not have been a real name. She should have created a fake account to send mail to him. Why did she do this? She could have sent him mail through her ID and gotten his trust directly. If she was not ready to reveal herself, then how could she be answer to his question? Would she say who she was? Let's see what her answer to his mail was.

The next morning

Arnav went to the meeting of the PWD (Public Works Department) department to discuss providing good roads to the district.

"I don't want eyewash roads to this district but concrete roads with drainage facility. It must be long-lasting for at least 20 years. Every small street should be neatened with good road, light, and water facilities"

"We need minimum funds to start the work, sir"

"I have sent the proposal to the ministry. We will get the funds soon"

"Yes, sir"

"Get ready to start the process"

"Sure sir"

Arnav came out of the conference hall. He saw Aman was talking to Shyam... correction, warning him.

"What do you know about the job of PC that you are taking charge of the post casually? Do you know how many contacts you should have to be a PC? You will have to spend your lifetime getting familiar with the big shots of this district. More than that, you should have an attitude to carry the post..."

"Why should I know the big shots of this district, sir? Our collector is the big shot of this district and I'm his PC. People of this district should get to know the new PC. I don't have to contact them. They are the ones who should contact me to get their work done...! I think this much attitude is enough to be the collector's PC" Aman said without attitude.

Shyam spat fire through his eyes. Arnav walked towards them with a smile, hearing Aman's reply to Shyam.

"Good morning sir," Shyam said, seeing Arnav.

"Good morning"

"Aman Mathur reporting, sir"

"Welcome. I hope the big shot of this district would like to get your contact" Arnav smirked at Shyam who bowed down.

Aman was silent.

"Let's go" Arnav walked to his cabin and Aman followed him.

"I saw your service record. You are a promotive, right?"

"Yes, sir... I joined as a group four assistant and became Deputy Tahsildar Now"

"So, you should have had a minimum knowledge of the entire department, right?"

"Almost, sir"

"Good... Go ahead"

"Thank you, sir" Aman left the place.

Arnav sat in his seat and checked emails. He smiled to see the email from Rejoice. He opened it.

{You don't have to thank me, sir. I'm proud to be in your service but please don't ask me who am I. I don't want to LIE to you, sir. I would like to be true to you. If you ask me about myself, I won't tell you the truth. I genuinely want to help you. If I revealed who I am, I could not do that. You have to know many things about this district and I want to help you with that. So, please don't ask me who I'm}

Arnav smiled, reading that. She warned him, telling him about Shyam. So, some more to come he supposed. She was thinking that he would reveal her name and she would get into trouble if he knew her real identity. Was the district having so many problems? Being a social worker, she must have known them, Arnav supposed.