22 Confession

Part 22 Confession

"End your hide and seek, Khushi aka Rejoice" he smiled, making her dumbfounded.

"I just..."

"Will you still say you are not Rejoice?"

Khushi was silent. She could not say so. She already said she heard Dev and Shyam's phone talks. There was no use of hiding the truth from him anymore.

"You look tense... Sit and compose yourself" he said looking at the table that was being arranged with a few chairs.

"That's ok, sir... you are in a hurry..." She said in a low tone.

Cutting her,

"I said sit"

Khushi sat silently. Arnav took a seat opposite her. That made Khushi confused. Was not he in a hurry to go to the temple festival? She thought about it, looking down. Arnav forwarded a glass of water to Khushi with a smile.

"Drink it"

She took it and sipped it.

"I checked your mail right away and took action. Shyam is already arrested. Now, Dev is also. I took actions coolly" He intentionally used the word COOLLY.

Coolly? If he took action coolly, he should have had enough time. Then, why didn't he reply to her mail?

"I didn't reply to your mail... To bring you here..." he answered her unasked question.

Khushi was perplexed. Did he intentionally not reply to her mail only to bring her there?

"I know you will come here to stop me from going to the temple festival... I wanted to end the hide-and-seek that you are playing in the name of Rejoice. That's why I didn't reply"

Khushi was silent. She didn't know how he got to know she was Rejoice. She didn't know whether she could ask him about it. She didn't know why he was so interested in bringing her there.

"I know you are Rejoice. I found it with my friend's help, a Cybercrime inspector." He smiled

No doubt Khushi was shocked. She should not have underestimated him. After all, he was Arnav Singh Raizada... the man who had POWER in his hand...! If he had found the truth, why didn't he tell her about it? No... he asked her...! It was she, who didn't accept it...!

"Sir... actually... I..."

Cutting her,

"Scared about Dev Sinha... Right?"

She was silent.

"You don't have to be scared about him"

"You will be here only until you get transferred but we are not like that. This is our place. So is Dev Sinhga's... He will not let us live peacefully. Our family will face problems... That's why I didn't reveal my identity"

"Yet, you helped me by sending emails..."

"I wanted to... because your intentions are genuine. I understood that..."

"Mmm... You don't have to fear of Dev Sinha. He can do nothing. Trust me"

"I hide my identity not because I don't trust you... it just happened, sir"

"When...? The very next day of our dark street meeting?" he asked.

She was silent as she didn't know whether he was casual or serious.

"You were scared about Dev Sinha. If it is so, why did you come here, without caring about anything?"

"it's because it's a matter of your life, sir. How could I be carefree when my life is at stack? We must save your life, giving ours"