18 Meeting

Part 18 Meeting

Khushi was biting her nails nervously. She didn't know how Arnav found out the Rejoice truth. Did she leave a hint? Without any hint, there was no chance for Arnav to guess it was she. What was that? Taking her mobile, she checked the Email sent by her. She mentioned the DARK STREET in bold letters in the mail. It was exactly the next day she met him in the DARK STREET. She was the only one who knew the reason behind the DARK STREET's sudden improvement. She met him in the street the previous day. Would he have connected the dots? She sighed with a pout. What was she going to do now? How could she tell him she was the one? What would he think if she told him after traveling a long way with him? She was confused.

In the meanwhile,

After disconnecting Khushi's call, Arnav signed a few files, smilingly. Khushi would not have expected him to open up the secret directly. He knew she was the one. Then what was the point in playing hide and seek? It was already late though. He knew Khushi. She was the most reliable person in the district than anyone. She was the daughter of a Tahsildar. Then there was nothing to hesitate. Let's see what Khushi Gupta would do...!

Of course, she denied accepting the truth but she could not do it for long. He never met such a person in his life who had the same wavelength as him. Her thoughts synchronized with his. She was concerned about the country and society, just like he did. At the same time, she was lovable too. He liked her very much...! Of course, a man would give his TIME only if the person was important to him. It was always about the priorities...! If the person wanted, he/she would give his/her time no matter how busy they were. That was the secret of Arnav to give his time to Khushi.

That was when he got a call from his secret team head. Arnav attended it.

"Yes, Mr. Sodhi?"

"Sir, Shyam got a call from a new number. The opposite person called him DAMADJI"

"Oh..."

"Shyam is going to go to his village with his family tomorrow to attend a pooja in the temple. His uncle invited him, sir"

"Oh..."

"The call didn't seem natural sir"

"Why so?" Arnav raised his head and stopped signing.

"The call was made just a minute ago. No pooja can be fixed all of a sudden that too after 10 o'clock, sir. then why did his uncle call him in this time and invite him? Their talks sounded so artificial. More than that, his uncle hinted to him about their PLAN that was planned THREE MONTHS ago."

Arnav closed his eyes thoughtfully.

"The opposite person would have spoken changing his voice, sir"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, sir"

"OK, follow Shyam to his village. Get to know who he meets in the village and the pooja has really been arranged"

"Yes, sir... our team is ready"

"Good... go ahead"

"Yes, sir"

Arnav disconnected the call. He never believed Dev was changed. The much he knew about Dev and Shyam, they were not CHANGING KIND. He knew they were lurking only to pounce at the right time. He had been expecting them to do something for long but he didn't know why now. Everything would have an end. So was this issue. He wanted to see what they would do. He continued his work thinking about them.

The next day

Shyam called the Disaster Management Department Tahsildar. He attended the call.

"Sir, I need a day off today"