11 Arnav's Move

Part 11 Arnav's Move

Arnav walked out of the headmaster's room. When he came out, he slowed down his steps and looked at Khushi. She gave him a book. He opened it and saw Vivek's teacher's name written on it, Santhoshi Gaur. She collected it from Vivek in the morning. The school assembled in the front ground. Arnav ran his eyes in the school.

The headmaster gave a welcome address to Arnav. Arnav took the mike in his hand. The students became silent.

"Vivek..." Arnav called him.

Vivek came front like a hero all delightedly as he knew how sweet the collector was! Arnav shook hands with Vivek and put his hand on his shoulder, making him feel proud.

"I saw his invention. I was stunned. He made specs for blind people. He is a young scientist with amazing talent. It would be best if you guys were like him. Just do what you know... what you are interested in. Don't hesitate to bring your ideas into action. ok?"

"Ooookkkkk siiirrrr" the students said.

"Who is your teacher, Vivek?"

Vivek looked at him hesitatingly. Arnav looked at the headmaster and said,

"Call, Santhoshi Gaur"

The headmaster looked at the particular teacher and gestured to her. She came forward all smiling to get the credit.

"Is that you who helped him in the project?" Arnav asked.

She nodded yes shamelessly.

"Dear, students, now your teacher is going to explain the function of the specs," Arnav said and extended the mike to the horrified teacher.

She took the mike in her hand gulping down. She stammered... how could she say anything about the project knowing nothing about it? She stood, keeping the mike in her hand.

"Say something, Mrs. Santhoshi," Arnav said.

She was nervous.

"What happened? You said you helped him in the project?"

"I did, sir but..."

"But?"

"I don't know about it, sir"

"Then how did you help him?

She was silent.

"If you don't know anything, why did you intend to take the credit for his success?"

"I'm sorry sir"

"Did you help him?"

She nodded no.

"You didn't help him but you want the credit..."

She bowed down.

"Teachers should be an inspiration to the students. they should get courage from you. You may go"

The teacher left the place with a hung face. Payal looked at Khushi wondering who was smiling.

Arnav looked at the students who were standing in the sunlight.

"I would like to tell you something, kids...! How many of you like trees?"

Almost all the students raised their hands.

"How many of you planted the trees so far?"

Only a few raised their hands.

"All of you liked trees but only a few planted them? Why?" he asked.

The students were silent.

"I think you guys don't feel the need for trees. Are you feeling the hotness?" he asked.