21 Khushi aka Rejoice

Part 21 Khushi aka Rejoice

Night

Dev Sinha was in his Godown that was in the outskirt town. He was so satisfied with the bomb blast plan. After insisting his men fix the bomb in the temple festival, he felt content. They planned to blast it exactly when Arnav arrived at the temple festival.

"Be careful. No mistake should happen. I put a lot of effort into bringing the explosive here... mind it" Dev warned his men.

His men nodded politely.

Suddenly, Dev Sinha saw a few police jeeps entering his premises. He was surrounded by the police. He was horror-struck to see police in his Godown.

"What are you doing in my godown? Do you who am I? Get out of my place. Or else..."

Without listening to his threats, the police shut the shutters and started searching. As the Godown was an outskirt town, no one was aware of the raid.

Police seized 13kg of explosives from Dev Sinha's Godown. The assistant commissioner called Arnav and conveyed it to him.

"Sir, we found 13kg of explosive in his Godown, sir"

"How many of them are there in the Godown?"

"Just three, sir"

"Oh..." Arnav understood that Dev Sinha wanted to keep it secret.

"How many of you are there?"

"We are fifteen inside the Godown and twenty-five outside sir. Many police are waiting on the entire way to his godown in Mufti, sir" Dev Sinha was shocked. He understood that he was trapped in their plan.

"That's great. Until I tell you, don't bring him out of the godown. Keep him there. You will have to stay there till morning."

"Ok, sir"

"Be careful. He is a dangerous man. Handcuff him and his men"

"Ok, sir"

Arnav disconnected the call. The assistant commissioner thought Arnav didn't want to make people panic by leaking the matter because the next day was the temple festival and that was why Arnav wanted Dev Sinha to be in the Godown itself until the festival finished, he supposed.

He was right at one point but Arnav's plan was something.

Camp Office

After hearing the news of Dev Sinha's arrest only Arnav went to bed. He was supposed to switch off the light, but he stopped as his phone rang. He took it with a smile as the call was from his mother.

"Hi, Mom..."

"How are you Chotte?"

"Doing great"

"Wow... you sound brisk even in the late hour..."

Arnav smiled.

"How are you doing, Mom?"

"I'm busy searching for my daughter-in-law"

Arnav's facial expression changed. He became serious.

"I'm sorry, Mom. Please stop searching for a girl"

"Chotte... how long will you be single? I agree your job keeps you busy as you are a district collector. Don't any collectors get married?"

"I didn't mean it, Mom"

"Then what did you mean?"

"Don't put your effort. It will go in vein and I don't want to disappoint you"