25 Another Move

Part 25 Another Move

Khushi was sitting on the bed, biting her nails nervously. What just happened? Did she accept Arnav's proposal? Did she ask his mother to come to her house to ask her hand for the wedding? Did she assure that she would accept their proposal if they came to their house? Adding to it, Arnav was on the conference call with them when she accepted the proposal. He heard her talk with his mother.

Was not the Collector a cunning man? How brilliantly he got his proposal accepted...! She pouted.

How would she face him from here on? She closed her face with her palms and shook hearing a phone ring. She took the phone and enlarged her eyes as the call was from none other than Arnav. She didn't know whether she should talk to him or not. At the same time, she could not ignore it as Arnav knew she didn't sleep. Making up herself, she attended the call.

"Hello..." she said in a delicate tone.

"You forgot to say something, Khushi"

"Whaaat Sir?"

"Welcome..."

"Welcome?"

"Yeah... didn't I say THANK YOU for accepting my proposal? So, you have to say welcome"

WELCOME? Should she welcome such activity that made her weak and helpless?

"Are you there, Khushi?"

"Jee..."

"Won't you welcome my smartness?"

Khushi sensed him smiling. No doubt he was indeed smart. Using his mother, he got her acceptance.

"Touch your heart and say, did you accept the proposal ONLY because my mother called you?" he asked.

Khushi was edgy. Did she accept the proposal only because Ratna called her? Not at all...! She accepted the proposal, it was because she liked Arnav.

"You accepted my proposal because you like me... will you say no?"

Khushi was perplexed.

"You were confused...! Or, maybe, scared...! I just thought of helping you to understand what you want. If you don't like me, you would not have accepted the proposal no matter who called you..."

He was not wrong. Just because his mother called her, would she have accepted the proposal?

"You respect me and my mother... that was why you could not lie to her. You don't have to be scared of anything... be relaxed and sleep peacefully... ok? Good night..."

"Sir..."

"Mmm?"

"Thank you..."

"For what? To make you realize yourself?"

"For making Akash's parent accept Payal, sir..."

"Did they accept?" he asked as if he was not sure about it.

"Because of you, they accepted her, Sir"

"I did that for you"

"For me?"

"Yeah, what if you reject me if I don't help your friends...? That's why I helped them" he chuckled.

Khushi was dumbfounded. She didn't know what he said was true or, if he was teasing her.

"Payal is a nice girl with social awareness... I can't lose the biggest participation of a loyal foundation work in the district. I hope Payal will continue her social work after her wedding too"