24 Accepted Proposal

Part 24 Accepted Proposal

Khushi headed to Arnav's cabin hesitatingly. She knocked on the door.

"Come in," Arnav said.

Khushi entered with nervousness. She saw Arnav signing a file. He smiled at her and said,

"Take your seat," Arnav said casually.

"It's ok, Sir"

"Are you going be to standing all the time?"

Khushi sat in the chair not wanting to drag the argument.

"How the washrooms work in the schools are going?"

"Almost at the finishing stage, sir"

"Good... but I heard Payal came out of Sinha Residency...! How will you guys manage the remaining expenses?"

Khushi was stunned. How did he know about it? She went to the Hostel this morning only...!

"How will you guys complete the work?"

"Payal used her own money for the school work so far, sir. But, she already collected enough money through our foundation. We will finish the work using the money" She said feeling relaxed as Arnav spoke ONLY about the foundation work. She thought he would ask her about his proposal as it was three days since he proposed to her.

"OK fine, however, you will finish the washroom work... what about your target of planting one lakh trees? Can you complete it? Or, shall I get you saplings from the forest department?"

"No, sir... we have a contract with a former who grows saplings. We have already paid him for one lakh trees"

"Wow... that's great. It seems you guys have preplanned everything"

Khushi smiled.

"Isn't it feeling good?" Arnav asked.

Khushi didn't know what he was talking about.

"You are a social worker and I'm a collector with the same wavelength. Is not it a deadly combination?"

Khushi became nervous again. She understood what combination he mentioned. She looked down.

"What's your problem?" he asked.

Khushi nodded her head from left to right.

"If you have no problem, then why don't you accept my proposal?"

She gulped down.

"Look at me"

She raised her eyelashes slowly and again looked down.

"Don't you like me?"

She nodded NO hurriedly.

"Do you like me?" He smiled.

"I like you as a collector, sir"