15 Angered Dev

Part 15 Angered Dev

Arnav came to Khushi, to finish his work.

"Don't you go home?" he asked.

"I'm waiting for the girl's parents, Sir"

"Did you inform them?"

"No, sir... her friends were there with her when she met with the accident. They would have informed them, I suppose"

"They were informed... they will be here anytime," Arnav said.

Khushi didn't wonder. She was not in the mindset to think about anything, seeing the girl in the pool of blood but Arnav's condition was not like that. He would be steady in every situation. After all, he was a Collector. So, he would have conducted her parents.

"Thank You, sir"

"Mmm..."

"Sir, the car driver who committed the accident..."

Cutting her,

"He was arrested..."

"Is it?" Khushi was satisfied.

"Yeah, drunk and drive," Arnav said.

Khushi sighed.

"If anything happened to the girl..."

Cutting him,

"Please don't say like that, sir... she will live long"

Arnav smiled.

"I too want the same... let your wish come true"

Arnav looked at his watch.

"Ok, Khushi... I have to go. Update me about the girl" he said even though he knew the doctors themselves would update her and would take care of her.

"Sure, sir"

"Don't worry. The doctors will take care of her"

"I know they will, sir... because it's you who brought her here..."

Arnav smiled with a nod.

"Go home soon and change these strained clothes"

"Yes, sir"

"Bye"

"Bye, Sir"

Arnav walked out with his team. Khushi saw another car coming without a siren. His car had blood strain as they brought the girl to the hospital in it. So, the staff should have changed the car, sending Arnav's car to the water service, Khushi supposed.

After a few minutes,

The doctor came from the operation theater. Khushi rushed to him and asked,

"How is she a doctor?"

"Her skull had a crack and blood loss was heavy. She must be under observation. It will take time for her to heal"

Khushi nodded her head.

"Haven't her parents come yet?"

"I don't know who her parents are. She was with her friends when the car hit her. I will try to find her parents"

"You brought her with the Collector, that's why we treated her without even asking her details. Or else, we would not even touch her but her parents should come and finish the formalities. It's the procedure" The doctor said.

Khushi nodded ok.

They saw a couple rushing inside the hospital. They were the girl's parent. Khushi widened her eyes. She knew the man. He was one of Dev Sinha's men. She heard him being called Sulthan. Was he the father of the girl?