13 Prank

Part 13 Prank

"You too, Aman?"

"Yes, sir, anyone who is concerned about you will do it sir," Aman said.

Arnav smiled contently.

"Dev is such a person, sir"

"What do you want me to do? Should I sit in the office and sign the files without getting into any problem?"

Aman was silent.

"We are officers, Aman. We should know our power. Do you know what's the power of the collator?"

"As per the Indian Constitution, the military should be present in front of you twenty-four hours at any cause if you order, in case of any clutter"

Arnav nodded yes.

"Dev Sinha is a simple DOT... that too, BLACK DOT in the vast universe. He will also bleed if you cut him... he will also die if you shoot him... then why you guys are creating a scene as if he is a God?"

"Yes, sir but you will also bleed and you will also die. That's why we are scared, sir"

"Everyone should die one day... it's better to die all at once than to die of fear every day"

"Sir, a good man like you should live long sir. Society needs you. You are our hope, sir. I could see the hope in people's eyes. They think you will do something for their betterment. Please try to understand sir. Slow down your steps, sir"

Arnav stopped arguing. It seemed Aman was worried about Arnav's life... just like, Khushi. So, there was no use in consoling them.

Aman turned behind and looked at the door, hearing a knock. The Davali peeped in.

"Sir, Dev Sinha is coming, sir," he said.

Arnav and Aman spared a glance.

"Tell him, I'm in an important discussion," Arnav said.

"Yes, sir" The Davali left.

Aman looked at Arnav questioningly.

"You can go, Aman. Come after one hour... after my discussion got over" Arnav said smiling.

Aman nodded yes and left. He knew Arnav was going to make Dev wait for one hour intentionally.

When Aman came out of his room, he saw Dev Sinha entering the first floor. He stopped, seeing Dev Sinha.

"Is Collector sir here?" Dev asked.

"He is in an important discussion, Sir"

"Go and tell him, I'm here"

"He is in the minister's video conference sir" Aman managed because he knew Arnav would get angry if he said about Dev's arrival that he already knew.

Aman didn't leave the place because Dev had no culture. He might enter Arnav's room without caring about anything. So, he stayed outside Arnav's cabin. He could see Dev losing his patience. He was roaming here and there in front of Arnav's cabin.

"Sir, you can sit," Aman said.

Dev glared at him.

"Sir is in a Minister meeting. That's why..." he said.

Dev looked at his wristwatch annoyingly whereas Aman swallowed his uneasiness.

At last, Arnav called him after an hour. Dev went inside his cabin, all the way looking at Arnav who was smirking at him. Aman caught hold of the door not letting it close fully. Of course, it was Arnav's order. He wanted everyone to know how he treated Dev.