10 Collector's Shot

Part 10 Collector's Shot

Revival Foundation members postponed the awareness program the next day and did their usual work.

Khushi came home in the evening as usual through the Dark Street that was no DARKER. She rode the bike smiling. She saw women police on duty in the street. She thought something and stopped her bike.

"Hello madam" she smiled.

The policewomen nodded their heads.

"Will you be on duty here for the whole night?"

"No, we will change duty at 10 o'clock"

"Oh... ok"

"Why are you asking?"

"I thought you would be here for the whole night. So thought to do a favor"

"What favor?"

"My friend's house is there in the next lane. It's just two minutes from here. If you want you can go to their house and use the washroom"

They smiled.

"Thank you for your concern. We won't be here. The new collector ordered not to put women police on duty at night except in the police station"

"Oh... that's nice"

"By the way, you plant trees on the roadside, right?"

"Yes, madam, we belong to Revival foundation"

"That's great. Thank you"

"See you, madam"

Khushi left the place.

The policewomen smiled at each other.

"Someone like her still exists who understands women's problem..."

"She is also a woman. That's why she understands"

"We meet many women in our lives. Many women crossed us... how many of them paid attention to us? No one. Not even our department personalities."

"You are right. We have to stand for several hours on the roads. No one understands the plight of us not being able to use the washroom" she sighed.

"This girl seems genuine"

"After all, she is a social worker"

"Unpretending social worker"

They smiled.

Khushi knew how hard it was to be a policewoman. Doing duty wearing the uniform was not a simple thing. men could open spaces but women. That was why she wanted to help them.

{If you guys see a policewoman on duty near your house, please help them.}

Khushi came to GH and sat on the sofa with a thud.

"Shall I bring coffee?" Garima asked changing the TV channel.

"Yes, Amma. I badly need a cup of strong coffee"

Garima went to the kitchen. That was when Khushi got a call from Payal. She attended it.

"Tell me, Payu"

"Check our official district page on Facebook"

"Why?"

"I said, do it"

Disconnecting the call, Khushi opened the Facebook. The post, Payal mentioned was the first post that appeared as she was following the page. She got stuck, seeing herself and Vivek in the post with Arnav.

She didn't know when the photo was taken. Neither Arnav asked her to stand for the snap nor did he ask anyone to capture the photo. Then how did the photo was taken? It was a candid photo, it looked so natural. She read the post. It was about Vivek's specs. AN ACHIEVEMENT OF A SCHOOL STUDENT was the heading. Of course, the post mentioned Khushi Gupta too. BECAUSE OF THE EFFORT OF KHUSHI GUPTA THE SOCIAL WORKER, THE COLLECTOR GOT TO KNOW ABOUT THE ACHIEVER.