23 Trembling Khushi

Part 23 Trembling Khushi

Words were not enough to describe Khushi's condition. She was shivering like hell. The Great Arnav Singh Raizada was in love with her. He even spoke to his parents about her... in front of her...! She pressed her chest to control her heartbeat. Her heart was jumping like hell like it might break her rib anytime. She could not believe she was Arnav's love.

Why did he love her? What did he like in her? Didn't he say she was his EYE-OPENER? What did she do that opened his eyes? She didn't know. She just sent a few emails to him, nothing more than that. What was there to open his eyes?

What would she do now? What would her parent think of her? Would they think, this was why she was involved in the collector's programs? She bit her nails nervously.

She looked at her in the mirror and saw her messed up state and loosely tied-up hair into a bun.

"Hey, Devi Maiya... did I go to his place like this?" She hit her forehead. In the nervousness to stop him from going to the temple festival, she didn't mind about her appearance.

"Khushi, you would be the one from the whole world who looked like a beggar while being proposed... that too by a collector...!" she again hit her forehead.

Khushi didn't know how to face Arnav after that. Being a front-line social worker, she could not be without meeting him. She questioned herself whether she had any work to meet him. She sighed in relief as there was no work to meet him. She didn't know how to handle the issue. It was clear that she had no idea to accept his proposal. Not because she didn't like him. It was because she didn't dare to LOVE him. How could she do that if he was a collector? She was not a girl who had a superiority complex. Of course, she knew her worth at the same time, she knew Arnav's worth too. She thought she was not a suitable match for him.

Maybe... she might change her perception in the upcoming days. Or, Arnav might make her realize her worth.

..........

Dev Sinha's arrest news spread all over the district. Some people were shocked some people were glad and some people were scared. If Dev Sinha's condition was like that then who could dare to go against the law?

Payal was fed up. Her hatred for her father became tenfold. Akash tried to console her but he failed. She was crying non-stop. She could not tolerate what his father was about to do. She felt insulted.

After two days, of packing her things, she left Dev Residency.

Khushi was shocked to know that. She rushed to the women's hostel in which she was staying. Akash and NK were waiting for her there. Payal came out of the hostel to talk to them.

"What's this Payal?" Khushi asked.

"I don't want to be in HIS house. I hate to address myself as his daughter"

"We can understand but what will you do being alone?"

"I have applied for a job in a school"

"Do you think you will get a job in this district? No one will appoint you, Payal"

"I know. That's why I tried in our next district"

"Stop all this Payal. Why are you thinking a lot when I'm here?" Akash chided.

Payal was silent.

"Let's get married," Akash said making her shocked and Khushi and NK glad.

"Wow, Akash... you made a good decision," NK said.

"Will your parents accept me?" Payal asked restlessly as she was scared that they would hesitate to accept her after her father's arrest.

"Even though they don't accept you we will marry," Akash said firmly.