7 Meeting

Part 7 Meeting

Arnav got stuck to see Khushi's photo hanging on Shashi Gupta's house wall. How did Khushi's photo go to Shashi's house? Who was she to him? That was when something struck in his mind. She was Khushi GUPTA. He had seen her full name in the search list sent by Prince. Was she Shashi Gupta's daughter? Might be... was this why she didn't want to reveal her identity? Yes, people would get dissatisfied with her and Shashi Gupta if they got to know she was the one who acting as an informer... especially, Shyam. She was Shashi Gupta's daughter. That was why her thoughts were genuine. Like father, like daughter. She was the daughter of a Tahsildar. That was why she knew all the details about the Revenue personalities. Arnav thought something. Yeah, she gave information about only revenue personalities so far. He decided to check if she could give details about other department personalities. If Khushi was Rejoice, she could not give clear information about other department personalities because she should have gotten to know about revenue personalities through Shashi Gupta. If she had given information, Rejoice might not have been Khushi. Arnav decided to send a mail regarding this.

Arnav continued the VC and questioned others about the pending petition. He ruthlessly shouted at those who had pending petitions to get it done. Shashi Gupta turned the video off and muted himself. Then he got ready for the office while listening to Arnav. Yet, he was alert to reply to him if he questioned him.

That was when Khushi came to Shashi's room and saw her laptop on his bed. He heard Arnav shouting at someone for keeping hundred-plus pending certificates. She widened her eyes and Shashi smiled.

"VC with the collector is running," he said.

Khushi looked at her photo that was hanging on the wall. She rushed to it and removed it. She didn't want Arnav to see her photo, unaware of the truth that he had already seen it.

"Why are you removing it?" Shashi asked.

"I'm not looking good in this photo" she lied.

Shashi chuckled.

"Khushi, he is a collector. He has no time to concentrate on a simple girl's photo. He has much more work to concentrate on"

Khushi was stuck. Yes, Shashi was right. He was a collector...! He had much more to concentrate on than thinking about her. Why would he give heed to her photo? She kept the photo on the shelf.

That was when Arnav called Shashi. He rushed to the bed turned the camera on and unmuted the mike.

"Yes, sir..."

"Insist people on how to immediately clear the certificates"

"Yes, sir"

Arnav found the wall empty. There was no Khushi's photo on the wall. He frowned.

"Tahsildar Gupta, I appreciate you for being sincere... keep it up" he said.

"Thank you, sir"

Khushi clapped her hand without making a sound. Shashi smiled looking at her and again looked at the screen. That gesture of Shashi told Arnav that someone was in front of him. The person might be the one who removed the photo from the wall... he supposed. Arnav smiled inwardly.

The VC was over.

"Tahsildar, Gupta, I appreciate you for being sincere. Keep it up" Khushi mimicked Arnav and Shashi laughed.

"Khushi, he is a nice man. Don't make fun of him" Shashi said logging the system out.

"He wanted to meet our foundation members, Babuji"