9 Interest

Note: I'm really sorry for the blunder I have done. I missed updating chapter five of MAN OF MY HEART.  Just now I noticed it and added it to the fourth chapter. please go to the fourth chapter and read it. 

Part 9 Interest

"What made you think I would recognize it?" Arnav asked with a smirk.

Khushi was stuck. She didn't know what to answer. She thought he would recognize it by his approach to her Email but how would she say that to him? She gulped down.

"Tell me, Ms. Gupta"

Khushi composed herself and said,

"You appreciated our work, Sir...! So, I thought you would do the same," she said.

"Great..." Arnav smiled and looked at Vivek.

"Vivek..."

"Yes sir" Vivek was highly nervous. After all, he was talking to the district collector that he never dreamt of.

"Tell me about your invention"

Vivek removed the specs and extended it to Arnav hesitatingly. Taking it from him, Arnav looked at it and then at Vivek.

"Explain it," said Khushi.

"This is specs for blind people, sir"

"Oh..." Arnav again looked at the specs.

"It has a sensor. It will alert them by making a sound if they are near any object, sir"

"Really?" he wondered.

"Yes sir..."

Arnav stood up and wore it.

"There is a switch on its side sir..." Vivek said.

Arnav pressed it and started walking. When he came to the chair the sensor beeped.

"Wow... It's nice" Arnav removed the specs and extended his hand towards Vivek.

Vivek shook hands with Arnav gladly.

"Very good invention, Vivek"

"Thank you, sir" Vivek was on cloud nine.

"How much did you spend to make it?"

"It took nine thousand, sir"

"Did your parents help you financially?"

"At first, I spent all my savings on this project, sir. My parents helped me to complete it"

"Well done... by the way, how did you get this idea?" Arnav raised the same question Khushi raised.

Vivek told him how he got the idea. Arnav was amazed. Vivek was not only a smart kid but also a warmhearted boy. It was not easy to feel other's struggle. Even though we felt their struggle it was not easy to think of finding a solution to it.

"What do you want to become, Vivek?"

"I want to become a scientist, Sir"

"Good... go ahead...! Do whatever you want. I will help you if needed, no matter where I will be"

"Thank you, sir"

"By the way, what was your teacher's opinion about it? You could have reached me through your teacher too..."

Vivek looked at Khushi and bowed down. Arnav raised his brows. Khushi was supposed to say something, but Vivek clutched her hand and said,

"I don't know about it, sir. Next time I will let her know it, sir" he said and Khushi raised her brows.