32 Proposal

Part 32 Proposal

"You know me... I would not get into anything without thinking. I love Khushi and want to marry her...I hope you won't COMPLICATE it..." he said calmly.

Shashi was stunned. He knew Arnav's working style. He knew Arnav loved Khushi but, he had not talked to Khushi about it yet. So, he was confused about what to do because he didn't want to give words to Arnav before talking to Khushi. As a father, he wanted to know Khushi's stand on this matter clearly. He looked at Khushi who was bowing down nervously.

"Sir, I can't say anything without knowing my daughter's stand. I need to talk to her first" Shashi said.

"Khushi knows I love her..." Arnav didn't hesitate to say that.

That made the trio stunned.

"Yes, I proposed to her but she has not accepted my proposal. She is worrying about you I suppose. She didn't want you to think differently about the social work she is doing unconditionally. She is not wrong. People will think rubbish... and talk rubbish...! I don't want to give it a chance. So, I came here to know your opinion about this matter. I mean... I want to know what's YOUR (stressing) opinion in this matter, Mr. Gupta"

"This is about my daughter's life, Sir. I can't decide anything without my daughter's consent because many things should be considered in this marriage. You are a collector. Your life will not be a normal one. You would be busy like hell and it will affect your family life. Your life partner should be ready to face it..."

Cutting him,

"Do you think, being a straightforward collector, your daughter will face trouble?"

"No, sir... not at all... I'm not thinking about your straightforward nature. In fact, I'm proud of you for being straightforward. If Khushi is ready to marry you, I have no problem. I will give her hand to you wholeheartedly"

Arnav looked at Khushi and called her,

"Khushiiii..."

"Haan?" she looked at him jerking.

"Your father has no problem in giving your hand to me. Now, tell me. Will you marry me?"

Khushi looked at her parents dumbfounded. Garima was stunned... she was seeing such a daring man in her life for the first time but Shashi was calm. Arnav's action didn't shake him. After all, he handled Dev like a fierce fellow without fear. Then why would he be hesitating with the girl he loved?

"If Babuji..."

Cutting her,

"Your father already cleared his stand. I'm asking for your acceptance. Tell me whether you are ready to marry me or not... without betting around the bush..."

Khushi looked down suffocating. Shashi folded his lip to control his smile. Garima, who was restlessly looking at her, said,

"She will marry you,"

Arnav looked at her astonishingly. At least, there was someone like him in the Gupta family.

Shashi and Khushi looked at her, getting amazed.

"Are you sure? Don't you get cleared it from your daughter?" Arnav asked.

"Yes... if she is hesitating to accept you, considering us, we will make it happen. But what about your parents? Will they be fine with this wedding?" Garima asked directly.

"They have already started from Delhi. They will be here in an hour. I will bring them here at 10 o'clock to finalize the proposal. Before that, I would like to get to know your stand"