Partners

Nico POV

Nico sat in the back row of the classroom, staring out of the rain stained windows. 3 years, he thought to himself, it's been 3 years since Bianca left. Bianca was his older sister, his best friend too. She had practically raised him after their mother's death which happened when he was only 5. He was now 17. How he truly wished that Bianca would just come back home, he could imagine him getting home and opening the door, she would be standing there ready to hug him-

"Mr. Di Angelo are you even listening to me?" His thoughts were interrupted by his teacher, Chiron, angrily calling to him from the front of the room.

"Mhm yep" Nico responded, desperately trying to recall what had gone on while he was spaced out. Something about the final project was all he could remember.

"Then what did I just say"

"Uhhhh...." Nico panicked not knowing what to say.

"We're going to be pairing up for the final project, he was just about to tell us our partners" a new voice chimed in.

Nico looked over to the source of the voice annoyedly, none other than Will Solace. Of course he had to prove me wrong, he thought. Will was the bane of Nico's existence, star of the high school football team and super smart. It was almost obnoxious that someone like that had the audacity of plaguing this world. 

"Now that you are filled in, I guess you would like to know your partner" Chiron continued.

"Yeah I guess" Nico mumbled.

"Wonderful, you will be pairing up with Mr. Solace"

"WHAT" both boys shouted angrily.

"Chiron please, I cannot work with HIM" Will said pleadingly as Nico just rolled his eyes. He himself was pathetic, but not pathetic enough to complain in front of an entire class of students. 

"Too late. I suggest you two find a way to get over whatever vendetta you share as this will be your final grade in my class. You have three days, good luck" With that Chiron turned on his heel and exited the class.

Everyone began to converse with their partners excitedly, dreaming up what they would do for their final project. As Nico continued to stare out the window, he felt someone sit down next to him.

"So death boy, I guess we got to get this project started. What were you thinking of doing?" Will asked flatly.

"First off, do not call me death boy. Secondly, I do not care what we do as long as it has us spending the least amount of time together as possible, Sunshine" Nico spat angrily.

"Woah there don't get your panties in a twist. Why don't we take a break for the rest of class and you can come over tonight and we'll brainstorm ideas? Sound like a plan?"

"Fine" Nico annoydly agreed.

Will's sole response was a nod. He watched as the blond got up and walked back over to his desk where his friends were waiting, sitting down like he had not a care in the world. Will laughed happily with his friends, and Nico couldn't help but notice the how beautiful he looked when he was happy. He must have been staring hard, because Will caught his eye. Instead of flipping him off as Nico expected, the blond smirked and gave him a wink before turning back. Nico's cheeks immediately flushed as he looked back out the window.

This is going to be a long three days.