I Think I've Seen this Film Before

TW: Mentions of SA

Nico POV

He could have sworn Will had just left when the door opened again. He saw a quick flash of blonde hair before he felt a weight beside him on the bed. He instinctively leaned his head on the person's shoulder.

"Did you bring the water will?" He asked. His head was throbbing, and he felt like he was going to puke. Everything around him kept spinning, the world was going by too fast and he just needed it to stop. And the spinning did stop as soon as the person next to him spoke.

"Oh I'm afraid Will is a little occupied at the moment" The voice was wrong, it sent chills down his spine. Octavian.

He immediately tried to scramble away, to put as much distance between himself and his past abuser as possible, but before he could get far, Octavian grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.

"Cute that you think you're going to be able to get away from me this time" Octavian smirked, pushing him back onto the bed.

Nico tried to worm away, but Octavian was on top of him, and Nico wasn't strong enough to push him off. Octavian crashed his lips into Nico who tried desperately to pull away. But he kept kissing him, moving down to his neck, tracing his collarbones and down the open section of Nico's shirt. Nico's hands were pinned above his head, making him incapable of stopping Octavian. He felt Octavian move further down, eventually letting go of his wrists to unbutton his shirt. Nico tried to stop him, but Octavian hit him in the head, making him collapse backward on the bed. As he felt Octavian undo his belt, he tried to get up to push him off, but he was so dizzy that he couldn't move. Octavian started to pull down his pants, oh gods no please.

~Flashback~

"Nicooo, come on please it's our anniversary" Octavian whined, sitting on the edge of Nico's bed. They had just gotten back from their dinner date and were now hanging out upstairs in Nico's room. No one else was home, his family had decided to go out to dinner themselves. Nico fidgeted awkwardly with the hem of his shirt, uncomfortable with what Octavian was asking him to do.

"I- I don't know Octavian, its a little early don't you think?"

"We've been together 3 years Nico, we're practically married at this point" Octavian said, pulling him down onto the bed next to him. He began to kiss Nico's neck.

"Octavian, I just don't know if I'm ready that's all" He gently tried to pry the blonde off of him without offending him. Cold blue eyes met his as Octavian pulled away.

"IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME JUST SAY THAT" Octavian cried angrily, standing up off the bed.

"No it's not like that I swear, it's just-" Nico reached and grabbed Octavians wrist.

"It's just" He mimicked Nico "Gods I do everything for you and you can't just do this one thing for me"

"Octavian-"

"DON'T START WITH ME NICO" Octavian whipped around, sending Nico flying back into the bed frame. He crumpled up into a ball at the foot of the bed. He whimpered as Octavian walked closer to him, staring down at him angrily with rage filled eyes.

"You will never be good enough for anything" Octavian spat, kicking him in the ribs one last time before leaving the room. The last thing Nico felt was pain before he blacked out

~End Flashback~

Suddenly, the door flew open and Nico heard a voice shout, ripping Octavian off of him. Will. He slowly sat up, watching Will slam Octavian into the wall. He was yelling at him, but Nico couldn't tell what was being said. When Will finally let go, Octavian collapsed to the ground before scrambling out of the room and down the hallway.

Nico fixed his clothing while Will closed the door, resting his forehead on it before turning around. Nico was surprised to see tears streaming down his face when he finally did face him

"Nico I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, I never should have left you alone. Gods, I am so stupid for this, I let this happen" He sobbed, crumpling to the ground against the door. He had never seen the blonde so defeated, it almost felt like a small part of him was dying. Nico got up and sat beside him, wrapping his arms around the blonde.

"Hey, hey, no look at me" Tear filled blue eyes met his "None of this is your fault ok? You saved me, gods knows what would have happened if you didn't come in when you did. You SAVED me, ok?"

Will couldn't even respond, only crying into Nico's chest who held him comfortingly. He stared over Will's head at the wall, feeling numb. What would have happened if Will hadn't gotten there in time? Really he was lucky.

You would have deserved it The voice in his head sneered This is what you get, you need to hurt like everyone else does because of you. Octavian was right, you will never be good enough for anything.

"Stop, no" Nico whimpered aloud, catching Will's attention. The blonde immediately looked up at the boy, but Nico didn't realize. He clawed at his head, trying to drown out the voice that kept talking to him. It needed to stop, it was everywhere. He curled up into a ball, rocking back and forth. Will wrapped his arms around him, trying to calm him down but it was to no avail.

Don't get too comfortable, he'll leave you too, just like everyone else He cried and cried, everything going numb. He stumbled out of the bedroom, ignoring the cries of Will who went after him, losing him in the sea of bodies. He reached the door and took off down the sidewalk, or at least went as fast as he could. He stumbled, everything blurry. Streetlights tilted, the sidewalk becoming uneven, he tried to walk but he couldn't tell if he was even moving. Everything was so loud and the lights were too bright.

Nobody's coming to help you. You'll get lost and die alone. You deserve to die alone. And with that, Nico promptly collapsed on the ground unconscious.