Why Are Guys Confusing?

Time Skip to Monday

Will POV

Sitting down at the lunch table next to Percy, Will was filled with slight anxiety. Usually Nico was there before him, and based on the events of the weeks before hand, if he wasn't there, then that meant something bad happened. Everyone was already at the table, and it was already part of the way through lunch. Looking around one more time to be sure, he felt a slight pain in his chest when his eyes didn't find who he was looking for, instead they landed on the familiar face of his best friend who was clearly about to say something stupid.

"So, Will, how was the rest of your weekend? Do anything, or should I say, anyone?" Jason wiggled his eyebrows. Leave it to him to make any topic comedic.

"It was good" He tried to ignore the last question posed by Jason "The party you two threw was pretty awesome I have to say." Piper smiled happily at this. He knew she had always been slightly insecure about what other people thought about her, so to know that her party was a hit meant a whole lot.

"Well" Percy threw his arm across Will's shoulders "I think you're going to have to gear up for another party because tonight, we're having game night at my house"

"I don't know perce, I don't think I have the energy to be around that many people again for awhile" A new voice said, taking a seat next to Will. Immediately will turned around, flashing a relieved smile at the tired looking boy next to him.

"Well aren't you happy to see me Solace?" Nico laughed, causing will to blush in response.

"Don't worry Neeks, Will, just like the rest of us, was thinking about how funny it is that you're so antisocial" Percy chimed in, getting a small unsaid thanks from Will for saving him "Plus, it's only going to be the group. I don't want to deal with any of the other losers at this school, let alone let them know where I live."

"Still not going"

"Nico please don't make me go by myself" Will whined, getting the exact reaction out of Nico he had hoped for. He could have sworn he saw a slight tint of pink creep across the boys face before he turned away.

"Fine. But I'm not going to enjoy a second of it" He glared at will. If Will didn't know any better, he would think that Nico hated him. But he knew that behind that glare, there was really nothing backing it. Nico liked Will. But not in the way I want he thought.

"Alrighty then" Percy stood up "I will see all of you idiots tonight at 7, my house DON'T be late or there will be consequences"

With that, the entire table left, leaving Will and Nico as the last at their table. Packing up their bags, they continued to bicker all the way to class, finally arriving at the point they had to split.

"So, I will pick you up tonight at 6:45, does that work?" Will asked nervously

"What do you mean?"

"For the party?"

"Funny you assume you're taking me" Nico said with a mischievous smile "You're not my man"

Yeah but I want to be

"Wait so, are you driving yourself or not?" Will was incredibly confused at this point. To make matters worse, Nico just gave him a sly smile and shrugged as he turned to head into class.

"NICO" He tried to shout, but Nico was out of earshot. Gods this kid is going to drive me insane. He turned to walk to class. When not walking with anyone else, he enjoyed to just watch the world. It was strange to him that each person he saw, whether he knew them or not, had their own life, their own future, their own shit that they had to deal with. Lost in thought, he almost didn't notice the new companion who was walking alongside him until she spoke.

"So, dropping off your boyfriend at class I see" Her voice was melodic, only one person in the whole school sounded like this. Drew.

"He's not my boyfriend, Drew. He's just a new friend" He felt her arm interlock with his.

"Oh, well that's good news to hear. It would be a shame if the hottest guy in school was taken" She smiled at him sweetly.

"What do you mean it would be a shame?" He got a laugh in response. Well that was helpful.

"I'll see you around, Will" She winked before strutting into her class. He had to hand it to her, that girl was stunning. She had long brown hair that was always styled, perfect fashion taste, and immaculate makeup. Every guy fell for her. But he just wasn't into her that way. There was only one brown haired person on his mind, and it sure as hell wasn't her.

But that interaction made him think, what was she talking about? There's no way she could be into him, was there?