The Fates Hate Me Today

Nico POV

The first 2 periods were nothing special. Nico would stare distractedly out the window while listening to music, occasionally jetting into the conversation of the class to answer the teacher's questions. It was the natural order of things, the same old routine. That is, until lunch.

As he settled in to one of the alcoves in the hallway, he put in his ear buds to blast Taylor Swift. Yes, he was a swiftie on occasion. It gave him a nice break from the intensity of My Chemical Romance. Hitting shuffle, the first beats of Delicate began to play.

This ain't for the best

My reputation's never been worse so

You must like me for me

The song was oddly calming to him. He slipped off into his thoughts, thinking about how this song reminded him of someone. Will. 

Sometimes when I look into your eyes

I pretend you're mine

All the damn time

As the song came to a close, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up, he saw the grinning face of Will Solace, causing him to jump back, catching the cord of his earbuds and ripping them violently out of his ears.

"Woah, didn't mean to startle you there Di Angelo" Will laughed, as he reached a hand out to help Nico up.

"Its nothing. What's up?" Nico mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact with will due to the blush creeping up on his cheeks. 

"You're sitting alone"

"...yeah"

"I don't like it when my friends sit alone. Come on, you're going to sit with me" Will said cheerfully, grabbing his arm and dragging him into the place he hated most, the school cafeteria.

It wasn't like he had an aversion to people, it was just that he didn't like that many bodies being in the same room at once. It was too loud, and the chance of running into one of his former bullies was just a little too high for him. As Will dragged him through the crowd, the pair garnered a couple stares and whispers, due to the events of the morning, but nothing major happened.

Nico thought he was finally out of the clear as they reached Will's table. He took a seat next to Will, taking a moment to look at the faces.

Most were vaguely familiar. Jason and Piper, a sweet couple that for some reason he endorsed. His sister Hazel who appeared to be chatting flirtatiously with a boy who will informed him was Frank. The sweet familiar face of Annabeth, the top of the current senior class. And next to her, Nico almost died. Percy Jackson. Oh gods.

Yep, it's official, the Fates hate me today. Nico thought.