Backpack Backpack

Will POV

After the morning events had died down, Will finally was able to feel at peace for a little while, and to finally get comfortable with the idea that he was actually in a committed relationship. He floated from class to class, on a semblance of cloud nine, looking forward to the one time he could be with Nico that day: lunch.

As he made his way out of the door of his chemistry class, he caught sight of a familiar face leaning on the wall next to the door. Blushing he walked over to his boyfriend, who was staring intently at the floor, most likely completely zoned out. He kicked Nico's shoe, causing the brunette to look up, his face softening upon seeing Will. 

"Hey" he said sheepishly as the two walked side by side to lunch.

"Hey you" Will said, bumping his shoulder slightly, "What were you doing outside of my class?"

Nico looked down at the ground, clearly trying to hide the pink that now seeped across his face.

"I uh, I wanted to see you?" He phrased it more as a question, making Will laugh.

"You would've seen me in 10 minutes at lunch though" He toyed, trying to get him to admit anything. Nico stayed silent for a few seconds, clearly aware of the trap Will was trying to lead him into.

"Fine, I missed you, and I didn't want to wait another second to see you" He admitted quickly.

"Aw well I missed you too," he lowered his voice as they were now within earshot of their friends, "especially the events of this morning. Would've loved to see where that went if you weren't such a jerk" 

Will walked over to the lunch table, leaving the brunette stuttering and blushing profusely. He took a seat next to Jason at the table, trying to figure out what was going on in the million mile-an-hour conversation.

"I'm not going for the hike anymore this weekend, Percy, it's going to be raining" Annabeth said, clearly annoyed with her boyfriend.

"Well, fine! I'll go hike in the rain alone and commune with nature while you stay home and knit socks for your cold feet" Percy retorted, throwing up his hands dramatically

"Oh, please. Knitting socks is a valuable life skill." Jason intruded into the conversation, getting a somewhat confused look from Percy while Annabeth continued. 

"You'll be begging for a pair when your feet turn into popsicles seaweed brain" 

"I could go for some popsicles" Jason once again intruded

"FOR THE LOVE OF GODS JASON SHUT UP" Percy yelled. Jason pretended to sob dramatically, causing the entire group to erupt in laughter, the semi-argument now diffused. As they tried to contain themselves, Will felt Nico sit down next to him. 

Taking the moment of distraction for the rest of the group to his advantage, Will scooted over closer to Nico, placing his hand on his leg. 

"Alright it's nearly prom time, we need to go dress shopping" Annabeth adressed the two other girls, who nodded excitedly in agreement.

"Hey what about me!?" Percy cried offended.

Will moved his hand slightly up Nico's leg. 

"Percy, you're not going to be wearing a dress to prom. You are going suit shopping with the guys" Piper explained.

And slightly further.

"Hey I looked sexy in Annabeth's dress at the party, even you can't deny it babe" He said to Annabeth, who just facepalmed and shook her head

And further. 

"Percy just go with the-" SLAM. Nico quickly grabbed his backpack off the floor and slammed it into his lap. The whole group looked quizzically at him while Will discretely moved his hand back from where it had been. 

"Nico, you good man? You do realize your backpack isn't going anywhere" Jason laughed, oblivious like the rest of the group.

"Yeah Nico, why don't you take your backpack off your lap?" Will teased, pretending to reach for it, only to get his hand slapped away. 

"Don't you dare, Solace" He glared at Will angrily, telling Will that he had succeeded in his mission. The group sat in silence for a little bit, only to get broken up by the bell. As Will stood to leave, Percy and Jason pulled him aside.

"Hey guys what's up?" He asked. 

"We just want to make sure-" Jason started.

"You and Nico are a thing right?" Percy interrupted, looking at him intently for an answer.

"Yeah-" Percy and Jason screamed excitedly, jumping up and down like fangirls which attracted a little attention from people nearby but they quickly moved on.

"We're so happy for you man" 

"But if you so much as hurt a hair on Nico's head, you'll be dead, you understand?" Will gulped and nodded, knowing not to take their words lightly. It was slightly confusing, seeing as they were his best friends and had just met Nico, but he still knew better than to argue with them. With that the two left him alone, and he walked back over to where Nico sat at the table, bag still in his lap.

"Hey sunshine what's with the bag?" Will asked, sitting beside Nico again.

"You know exactly  what you did Solace" 

"Yeah, you're right. But it was worth it wasn't it?"

"For you maybe, but now I somehow have to fix this" He motioned to the bag. 

Will leaned close to Nico, lowering his voice so only he could hear it.

"Maybe swing by my house after school and I can help you take care of it" 

"We'll see, I don't know if I want to be around you after that. You're just the biggest jerk."

"Bite me" Will retorted

"Only if you're into that, Solace" He winked. It was Nico's turn to walk away, leaving the other stuttering and unable to move. Yeah, he wasn't going to be paying attention in class for the rest of the day.