As Long As I'm With You

Will POV

Nico started whimpering, causing Will to snap out of whatever depressed trance he was in. In horror, he watched as the boy clawed at his head, shaking back and forth manically.

"Nico, NICO" Will shook his shoulders, getting no response from him. He tried to wrap his arms around the boy who began to cry hysterically, something about everyone leaving him. Suddenly, he stood up, causing will to fall backwards on to the cold bedroom floor, hitting his head on the bedpost. Nico ran out of the room, and Will scrambled up quickly to follow him, but the black mop of hair quickly disappeared into the dark room.

Running his hands through his hair, he panicked. As he looked around in the crowd, he found slight relief when his eyes landed on Jason.

"Dam dude, what happened to you? You look like shit no offense" Jason half joked, looking worriedly at his distressed friend who had run up to him.

"Nico- its Nico" was all he managed to get out. Gods he was stressed, Nico could be anywhere right now.

"WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU. I SWEAR IMMA FIND HIM-"

"No Jason, he didn't do anything. That's the problem, I can't find him because he ran off"

"Bro let's be real here, of course he did. He's not a party person. He probably just went home"

"No, something happened. He was sobbing and broken and something was wrong, I need to find him" Jason nodded, taking a second to process the information.

"Alright, let's go"

"...wait what"

"I'm not letting you go looking for him alone, you look like a wreck"

"You know what, thanks Jason, lets go"

Jason kissed his girlfriend on the cheek before running out the door with Will. The street was packed with kids, all stumbling around, unfortunately in manners quite similar to how Will last saw Nico. Will started panicking. What if Octavian found him again? What if he got hit by a car? There were a million possibilities running through his head as he searched the neighborhood frantically with Jason. Finally, he came across a crumpled form laying near a bush on the ground. Nico.

He ran over to him, rolling him over to see his face. He was unconscious, great. He picked up the boy bridal style before walking back over to Jason.

"So- what do we do?"

"Jason man, I love you but I'm just going to take him home. You go back to your girlfriend's party, you deserve to have fun alright?"

"You sure dude? I really don't want to leave you alone when you're down like this."

"Yeah man, I'm good"

"Alright, love you man. Treat him right" Jason smiled sadly before walking back to the house. He loaded Nico into the car before driving him home. He contemplated taking Nico back to his parents, but he decided against it. He instead called Hazel.

"Yo what's up Will?" Hazel asked, the sound of a nice restaurant in the background.

"Hey haze, I just wanted to let you know that Nico's going to be spending the night over at my house tonight."

"Ohhhh he is?" Her voice was dripping with suggestion.

"It's not like that, he had a pretty rough night and I really don't want him to be alone since I assume you'll be staying with Frank for the night"

"Yeah you're right. Is he ok?"

"He's fine, I'm sure he'll tell you what happened tomorrow. I'm just worried about him"

"Ok, thank you for letting me know Will. Keep him safe, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yep, see you tomorrow. And hazel?

"Yeah?"

"Enjoy your date. Don't worry about your brother, I'll take care of him"

"Thank you will"

The call ended as Will pulled into his driveway. He gently walked with Nico in his arms up to the door, pushing it open quietly as to not wake his family. He climbed upstairs to his room, gently setting the now stirring Nico onto the bed. Nico made a noise as he curled up on the bed, quickly slipping back to sleep. Will smiled sadly as he pulled a blanket over the small boy. He went into the bathroom, changing into a T-shirt and pajama pants before heading back out to the main part of the room. Sitting on the side of the bed, he gently ran his hands through Nico's hair. It comforted him to feel this close to Nico, he was incredibly worried about the kid. He had been through so much, it really wasn't fair. He swept the hair from Nico's head, sadly tracing the scratches left from that night. His face was beautiful and it pained him to see him broken like a porcelain doll.

He heard the door creak open, and he looked up. Kayla peeked her head into the room, seeing will with tears in his eyes she ran over to him.

"Hey kay" He said softly as his sister curled up next to him. She peered sadly over at Nico.

"Is he going to be ok?" She asked worriedly.

"I really hope so, I'm sure he will" Kayla nodded, accepting this answer. She paused for a bit, leaning against her older brother. He could tell something was still bothering her before she even spoke.

"Are you going to be ok?" She looked up at him, her blue eyes filled with worry for her older brother.

"I'll be ok. It's just rough to see your friends hurting" He said sadly. She gave him a hug. No matter what, he could always leave it to Kayla to make him feel better.

"At least you have him. I like you two together" Smiling, she gave him one last hug before leaving the room. Will was alone once more in silence.

Laying on his back next to Nico, he stared up at the ceiling. He tried to process everything that had just happened that night. Every interaction and moment brought him back to the same conclusion: he was falling in love with the same brunette he once called an enemy. As he was drifting off to sleep, he felt Nico roll over, snuggling into Will's side. The warmth and weight of his body against Will gave him all the relaxation he needed. Yeah, everything was going to be ok.