Lingerie and Bullies

Nico POV

Nico was sitting in AP Chemistry, lighting a Bunsen burner for a lab, when his phone went off. Weird, I never get texts he thought as he pulled out his phone to check who it was from. As he opened up the message, he nearly lit himself on fire.

Will- Friday, 7pm, I'm picking you up for Piper's party. I would say make sure to wear something hot, but you always do ;)

OH GODS. He couldn't think straight, probably because he wasn't. This text message made every single feeling he had recently suppressed for will come rushing back to him. Could this mean- no it definitely couldn't. After seeing the way most guys in high school interact with their friends, it made perfect sense for him to send a text like that. He was just messing around, but so could Nico.

Nico- You asking me to pull up in lingerie or something?

He waited. Maybe that was a stupid choice. As he contemplated unsending the text, he got one that almost made him mess up the lab even further.

Will- I mean I wouldn't ever object, but you know societal norms usually requires people to show up slightly clothed to a party.

Nico- Oh darn. I guess I'll have to save that for later.

Will- I'm sure an opportunity will arise in the near future for it.

Nico- For sure. I'll see you on Friday then, definitely not wearing lingerie.

Will- That's a shame, to the lingerie part, but looking forward to seeing you then.

Nico put his phone down with a sigh. He was going to a party with Will Solace. Freshman him would be so confused as to why this was so exciting. He put his phone on Do Not Disturb for the rest of class so that he didn't get any further distractions. Flirting with Will was enough to make him get- well let's just say very excited.

The school bell rang and Nico began to make his way out of school. Climbing into the car with Hazel, he plugged in his phone to play music. They listened for awhile to Reputation before Hazel turned the music off.

"So, there's a party on Friday" She started, occasionally darting her eyes to look at him before turning back to the road.

"Yeah, I was invited to go" he replied nonchalantly

"ACTUALLY!?"

"...yeah?"

"You are the best brother EVER"

"Um ok, why is that"

"So you know how Persephone and dad forbade me from seeing Frank?" He nodded. It was true. Hazel's grades were slipping recently, but it wasn't because of Frank. She couldn't tell them, but it was because her biological dad, Pluto, kept trying to contact her. He wasn't the best Father, he was the reason for her almost dying several times. Luckily, Persephone was able to rescue her from that household, however he kept trying to keep in contact with her, no matter how many times she ignored it. It was starting to take a toll on her. "So he's going to be there on Friday night, and we're going to meet up at the party before heading out to go on an actual date. And if you're going, mom and dad will have to let me go"

"Aw Haze that's so exciting for you!" He smiled. Their parent's view on things was quite strange, they would let their children go to a party, that they knew had alcohol and other substances, but not let them go out on a date. It did not make sense to Nico, but he wasn't complaining.

As they pulled into the driveway, Nico hopped out of the car and ran to his room. He was beginning to pick out what he would wear tomorrow for the party when his phone screen lit up. There was only one person who that would be, the only person who he gave downtime rights to. Seeing the profile pic on his screen only confirmed his suspicions. He was the closest thing Nico had to an ex.

Octavian- We need to talk.