Prom Committee

Will POV

"WILL ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME" Jason punched him in the arm, snapping him out of his trance. 

"What did you say?" He looked over at his friend who was clearly annoyed with his lack of attention.

"I asked if you were ok with taking pictures downtown, Piper has already heard from the rest of the group, you are the only one who hasn't agreed yet" 

"Yeah that sounds good. I-" He trailed off again, it was becoming a habit of his. Whenever his boyfriend was in the room, he always was looking at him. It was hard not too, he finally found someone that he could spend forever with and not care about if anyone else existed. 

Jason snapped his fingers in front of his face"For gods sake solace, it's pointless talking to you. I'm going to leave you here to stare at your boyfriend, I can't be bothered with this anymore" 

"No I'm so sorry I'm just tired that's all" He protested

"Nah I get it man, I'm the same way with Piper. Speaking of which, I have to go talk to my beauty queen now" Will received a slap on the back as Jason got up, and watched as his best friend ran up and tackled his girlfriend.

Once Jason was gone, Nico looked back at him and smiled at the now empty seat, taking his chance to walk over. 

"Hey" he smiled, pressing a quick kiss to his boyfriend's lips as he sat down. 

"Hey to you too" Nico smiled "I noticed you staring"

"I WAS NOT" 

"Travis pointed it out to me. You're not smooth you know that?" Will rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever. What are your plans for today?" He hoped that he was going to say he wasn't doing anything so that they could spend the day together. It had been awhile since they last had hung out.

"I unfortunately was volunteered by Hazel to decorate the gym for prom. So I get to spend my day surrounded by glitter and girls- my two most favorite things" 

"You know, most guys wouldn't complain about being surrounded by girls for an entire day" He joked, earning an annoyed look from Nico. 

"Will, I am gay. I am not like most guys since I have a hot boyfriend" 

"So you think I'm hot?" 

"We already established this several times, sunshine" This made Will smile, and he leaned in to kiss him, but Nico pulled away with a smirk. 

"Ugh rude!" Will protested as Nico moved to get up. 

"Sorry sunshine, but duty calls" With a laugh, he turned around and walked off, leaving Will stuck in his place. He really was tied around Nico's finger.

~Couple hours later~

Will could hear the ruckus of the gym before he even entered, a combination of too loud music and excited teenage girls. Bracing himself, he walked in. 

He had to hand it to the prom committee, the place already looked really good. Colourful paper covered the walls, with handmade flowers strung around the room. Fairy lights hung from the ceiling, each a different colour that all melted together to light the room. It looked like a cross between the Bellagio and the Gardens by the Bay, a sophisticated aura that hid any hint of the place once being a high school gym.

Finally, his eyes found his boyfriend at the back of the room. Nico looked straight out of an art book. His hair was pulled back into a small ponytail, streaked with colours from the paint he was using, and his clothes were decked with small practice illustrations that mimicked that of the mural he was currently painting on the wall. Yeah, I'm going to need him to wear that more often.

As he began to walk over to him, he was intercepted.

"Well hello Will, fancy seeing you here" The voice was sweet like honey, and the familiar scent of perfume met his nose. His skin crawled. 

"What do you want, Drew?" 

"I was just wondering what a guy with no date to prom was doing in here" She batted her eyes at him, making his stomach turn sickly. 

"I do have a date Drew, plus anyone is welcome to come help out in here" He tried to push past her, but she stepped back into his way once more. 

"Then who is it?" She crossed her arms angrily. 

"None of your business" 

"As director of the prom committee, it is my business" 

"I can assure you I have a date."

"You have a date? Why don't you just go with me?" 

"Yes I-" He started, trying once more to explain that he did have a date. However, it seemed that Drew only cared about the second question. He was cut off with a shriek as she hugged him.

"I knew you would come around! We are going to be the perfect couple at prom, just you wait!" And then, she kissed him. 

He forced her off of him, stumbling away from her. As he looked up, he was met with something even worse. Nico stood across from him, eyes flitting between the two in shock. He turned to run away, but Will grabbed his wrist. 

"Nico I-" His eyes met his boyfriends, and he wanted to die. He had never seen him look so broken before. He wanted to plead with Nico, but he could only watch in horror as the pain in his eyes turned to hatred. 

"Fuck you, Will" And he was gone. 

A/N- AHAHAHAHHAHA did y'all forget about our lovely Drew appearance from the earlier chapter? Well she is back (but not for long). Wonder what will happen in Nico's POV 🤷‍♀️.