The Gays Go Back in the Closet

Will POV

He knew as soon as Percy suggested the bowl of wonders that him and Nico were screwed. And in all honesty, it did not disappoint. Will had known them long enough to understand that the bowl of wonders was never good. It was teenage chaos taken to the maximum. Were some of the slips of paper in there felonies? Absolutely. But is it truly a teenage party if something borderline (if not totally) illegal didn't happen? Yeah, he didn't know the answer to that because his friends were idiots. The slips included drinking games, minor crimes, and of course-

"... 7 minutes in heaven" Jason said happily, informing Will and Nico of their fate. Will looked over at Nico, who had just turned a bright shade of red hearing this. He felt terrible as their friends dragged them to the closet, not wanting to make Nico feel uncomfortable at all. As they were shoved into the closet, he made one final request.

"Can y'all at least go back to the living room and not stand outside the door the whole time?" He felt awkward asking this, but in case something did happen, he didn't want his friends outside the door listening in.

"Fine man, I respect that. I even pinky promise" Jason responded. Many wouldn't trust their guy friends making a "pinky promise" but Will was relieved because to Jason, pinky promises were the utmost form of loyalty. Smiling, Jason closed the door "Don't have too much fun you kids".

And with that, they were alone in the closet. They stood there in awkward silence for a couple of seconds before Nico busted out laughing, surprising Will.

"What is so funny Di Angelo?"

"No-nothing" Nico stuttered through fits of laughter "I just think it's ironic that they put us in a closet that's all"

It took Will a couple seconds before he too started laughing. Gods his friends were mean, putting the two of them back in the closet. Putting 2 gay kids in a closet. In all honesty, they probably didn't realize the irony themselves.

"Wait so does that mean-"

"What are you getting at Solace?" Nico cocked an eyebrow, tone turning more serious.

"You said it was ironic. So that means-"

"Yeah, I'm gay. Congrats for connecting the dots on that one" 

Will was silent. He didn't expect this ever, he only expected to continue pining over the kid until eventually his feelings faded entirely. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, because if he was gay, that meant that Nico this whole time didn't like him. But then again there was also a chance that he did.

"Wow Solace, I see how it is. I finally come out to you and you're just going to stay silent" Shit. Will was quiet for too long and now Nico must have thought he was homophobic.

"No, wait that's not why I was quiet-"

"I should've known coming from a jock like you. Gods I'm so stupid thinking that you would ever be into me, you were just being nice to me. Well that's really rich-"

"Nico"

"-just super. And here I thought that I could end up with you-"

"Nico"

"-but you're just a homophobic prick like the rest of them-"

Will didn't let him finish before he pulled Nico in, their lips connecting together. Will felt Nico tense up, and he pulled away. Oh fuck I just screwed everything up. But before Will could finish that thought, Nico was pulling him back together again, kissing him. Nico was kissing him. He felt Nicos hand on his chest, his other in Will's hair. He felt the curve of Nico's waist under his hand, the warmth of the two pressed together spreading across his chest as if Nico were the sun.

Finally, the two pulled away. Will looked down at Nico's face, flushed with pink, who refused to make eye contact with him.

"So does this mean that you-" Nico started, still not looking up at him.

"Are bi? Yes. Like you? Even more so" Will smiled. Nico brought his face up finally, allowing his eyes to meet Will's. And it caused him to melt on the inside. He had never seen Nico's eyes look so warm, so inviting and kind. He did that, he, Will Solace, got to Nico Di Angelo. This filled him somewhat with pride but mostly with happiness as he leaned in once more to place a peck on Nico's lips. Nico gently rested his head on Will's chest, who wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. And they stood that way until their friends came to knock on the door. But he didn't want to open that door.

For once, he didn't want to go anywhere. He was right where he needed to be.