Friends Always Know

Will POV

As he watched Nico get pulled away by his angry sister, Will felt Jason's arm loop around his shoulders, pulling him towards their group of friends.

"So, the son of Hades huh?" Jason pressed. He could tell Jason was angling at something, he always was. They had been inseparable since the 5th grade when they met, so Will always knew when Jason was hinting at something more.

"It was nothing. We were just working on a project as I said. We're just friends" Will said defensively as Jason raised his eyebrows suggestively. He wasn't out yet to anyone other than his siblings, and he sure as hell didn't want to be out to Jason yet. Not that Jason was homophobic, it was just that he had a big mouth.

"Woah there, no need to PMS" Jason joked "I'm just surprised you want to be friends with the son of the scariest forensic pathologist in the city- not to mention your sworn enemy"

He wasn't wrong. To everyone else, Will and Nico were the biggest rivals, and that was true for awhile. Since freshman year, they had been competing for the top rank in their class, only talking to each other when a snarky comment was needed. But recently, Will was getting these butterfly feelings in his stomach whenever he saw Nico, he didn't know what changed.

"Yeah I'm surprised too, I wasn't expecting to become his friend either. But we work pretty well together, I guess Chiron knew what he was doing when he assigned us as partners" this caused Jason to stifle a laugh. Will furrowed his brow annoyedly at his friend, knowing that he too could sense the deeper feelings the boy had for Nico.

"Alright well as much as I'd love to stay for the rest of this sappy love fest you have going for your boyfriend, my hot girlfriend is waiting for me, so I'll see you later" Jason said with a grin.

It was truly funny to Will how infatuated Jason was with his girlfriend. For years, he had always been the classic football jock, bouncing around from chick to chick for distraction. When he found Piper, everything changed. That boy was tied down, and he was so happy about it. He hoped to one day find someone like that, maybe it was Nico. The sinking feeling of being alone came to him again, but he pushed it off, faking a smile.

"Whatever man, go make out with your girlfriend" Will smiled, shoving his friend's arm off his shoulder. Jason bounded away to the girl, Piper, who offered him a kind smile. Will waved and turned to walk away as Jason pulled the girl in close.