The Hill

Nico POV

He was having a hard time focusing in class, again. While part of it may be attributed to the events at lunch time, most of it was relating to the new posters strung up across the school. Each corner he turned, he was faced with hideous paper plastered against the wall, reminding him of some place that he would never be allowed to go: prom. It wasn't that his parents didn't allow him to go, it was that he wasn't the type of person to go, and everyone knew (and made it clear) that he shouldn't be there. 

Sighing, he excused himself from the lecture that he had no interest in paying attention to, and left the class. While it appeared that he was wandering aimlessly, he knew where he was going. He reached the back doors of the school, pushing them open and grimacing when the bright sun hit his face. 

Most people upon leaving the back doors of the school would head down the hill towards the football fields, but instead, Nico headed up to a little forgotten patch that overlooked the field. He settled down on the grass, looking up into the sky that was starting to fill with fluffy rainclouds. He watched the sky as he remembered the last time he had been there. 

~Flashback~

"Come on Nico" A girl pulled his hand, dragging him up the hill. It was a warm autumn afternoon, the sun glowing softly as it approached the horizon.

"Bianca slow down, you're running too fast" He called out of breath. Finally, they reached the patch of grass, and Bianca took a seat, motioning for Nico to do the same. The pair laughed, enjoying each other's company. Unlike other siblings, he and Bianca were inseparable. Suddenly, Nico's phone buzzed. 

5:23pm_ Octavian: Where are you?

He sighed and placed his phone back on the ground. Luckily, Bianca hadn't noticed, instead she was focused on delicately weaving a crown of daisies from the wildflowers surrounding them. His phone buzzed again, and he picked it up. 

5:27pm_ Octavian: Why aren't you responding to my texts?

He sharply inhaled, knowing if he didn't respond, Octavian would blow up at him again. His fingers hovered over the keyboard, trying to plan a response, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking over, he found Bianca with worry written all over her face. 

"You don't owe him a response, you know that Neeks?" Bianca said to him.

"But he's my- He's my boyfriend" He looked down. He couldn't even say it.

"He really isn't. A boyfriend would love and support you, not control you" 

He couldn't respond. A wave of panic floated over him, but Bianca took notice, pulling him into a hug as he began to cry quietly.

"I'm so sorry Bi" 

"Neeks, you have nothing to be sorry for. It's my job to protect you" She said soothingly, as she gently pet his head. He stayed silent for awhile until he calmed down. Once he finally had, he reached for his phone, only to realize Bianca had hidden it. He smiled, she really was trying to protect him.

"Nico?" He turned to look at her "Remember you will always be my little brother. No matter what, I am here for you" and she placed the gently woven crown of daisies on his head. 

He smiled, and she wrapped a protective arm around him. And they stayed like that, a memory frozen in time.

~End Flashback~

Nico was pulled from his thoughts as he felt someone settle down next to him. He turned to be met with the smiling face of his boyfriend.

"Hey" Will beamed, pressing a kiss to Nico's cheek.

"Hey yourself. What are you doing here?" He asked confused.

"Well, I saw you leave the school building while I was practicing on the field. So when practice was over, I cleaned up and came here. What are you doing here anyways?"

"I couldn't focus in class so I left" He stated plainly, there was no point in lying to him anyways.

"Oooo, and why couldn't you focus in class?" Nico could tell will was angling for a certain response.

"Maybe it was because my idiot boyfriend" Nico poked Will in the chest "decided to start something he couldn't finish at lunch"

"hm imagine that" Will said as he flopped back onto the grass, Nico taking the opportunity to nestle into Will's arm. The two laid there, making shapes out of the quickly forming clouds until suddenly Will jumped up.

"Um hello?" Nico asked, confused by the sudden movement.

"I just had the best idea, come on" Will said excitedly, tugging his hand.

"Ughhh but I was comfortable here" He complained, only getting a smile in return.

"Too bad. We're going on a date" Before Nico could say anything else, Will had already started down the hill towards the field and parking lot, giving him no choice but to follow. Well, he did technically have a choice, but let's be real here. 

He was going on a date. A date with his boyfriend.